The Stream (Part 2)

It was the next day and you had absolutely nothing planned, you were going to stream but decided against it, considering you had streamed the previous three days and thought you needed a well earned break. You sent out a tweet quickly, letting your followers know your stream was cancelled.

@y/nplaysgames
Sorry guys but no stream today! Need a little break to relax, but I'll be back tomorrow!

You finished eating your breakfast and went upstairs to load up your PC. Hey, you might not be streaming but you still wanted to play some games! You hesitated for a moment, deciding whether you should send the text you had been trying to send since last night. Ultimately you decided to do it, you just needed to pluck up the courage to click the send button. You weren't paying attention to what you were doing and accidentally dropped your phone, when you picked it up you realised that upon dropping it, the message had sent.

Y/N
Hey it's Y/N! I was about to jump on and play some Ark, if you're free would you like to join me ☺️

Jenna ❤️‍🔥
Hey Y/N! I'm loading up my computer now, my discord is JennaFromTheBlock#3950 we can call on there if it's easier!

Y/N
I'll add you now, speak soon!

You opened discord on your computer and added Jenna, laughing at her username. Suddenly you hear the ringing, indicating you were getting a discord call. You hesitated for a moment, before clicking accept. It was quiet for a few seconds before you heard a quiet "Hello?" you smiled, "Hey! How are you?" you asked awkwardly. "I'm okay thank you, sorry I'm so awkward" she chuckled. You laughed back "don't worry so am I" and you loaded up Ark.

"So how have you found the game so far?" She asked. "I like it, I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to dinosaurs so getting to play a game full of them is amazing" you replied. She laughed and told you her server number so you could join her and once you had got on and made your character she came to pick you up.

You spent a couple of hours playing around, Jenna teaching you some good tips and tricks whilst you both chatted. It felt like you were catching up with an old friend and you really didn't want it to end. Jenna said she was getting hungry so she was going to head off to get some food. You decided to put yourself out there, she was definitely worth the risk. "This is going to sound crazy, but do you maybe want to get lunch with me? That's if we live close to each other" you laughed nervously. "I'm in downtown LA" she replied, "if you're local then I would love to get lunch with you" she added.

"I literally live like ten minutes from Downtown, do you know where Harvey's Cafe is?" you asked. "I love Harvey's! I always go there for coffee on my days off!" she said. You decided you were both going to get ready and meet at the cafe in an hour.

You put on a white too and threw on a knitted grey jumper over the top, putting on a pair of jeans to go with it. You fed your kitty before locking up your apartment and heading to your car. You drove the short journey to Harvey's, parking in the little bay out front and went in, deciding to get a table for you and Jenna whilst you wait for her to arrive. You didn't want to order your coffee until she had arrived so you sat watching people, one of your favourite things to do. You were about to text her when you saw her walking up to the door.

You gave her a wave and she walked over to you with a smile. You stood up as she approached the table and gave her a hug, "it's so nice to meet you" you said, feeling awkward, your social anxiety not helping. "It's so lovely to meet you" she said with a chuckle. You were about to go and wave over a waitress when your best friend Jess appeared. Did you forget to mention that Jess was an assistant manager at the cafe? Oops. "Hey Y/N, the usual?" she asked. "Mhmm, and Jenna will have..." you questioned looking back at her.