The Next Three Years With My Brothers Bestfriend. 8.

What the heck is going on? Why did my boyfriend just get arrested and why the hell am I surprised that he bashed Ryan up. Just because we ran in to each other at the park. I sat down on a stool in the kitchen and put my hands in my face? How do I make this right?

"Addie? You okay?" Mel asked quietly as she rubbed my back. I was shocked that he had been arrested but I was even more shocked that he had confronted Ryan. This was our problem, Ryan was just inconveniently in the picture.

"Um ... I'm gonna go to the hospital." I mumbled incoherently and stood up taking my keys off the bench and deliberately leaving my phone.

"Be careful." Cole called out to me as I slammed the front door.

When I got to the hospital I asked a nurse where I could find Ryan and she directed me to the third floor. Room 46. I took a deep breath as I knocked on the door. "Come in." I heard a croaky Ryan call out.

"Hey." I mumbled. I didn't have a clue what I was doing here. What was I gonna say? I couldn't exactly apologise for Jake now could I? Because I'm pretty sure that Jake wasn't sorry. I wondered if Ryan was pressing assault chargers against Jake. Maybe I could talk him out of it.

"Hey ... you're the last person I was expecting to see." he chuckled dryly.

I smiled half heartedly. "Um Ryan ... I uh ... I don't know what to say?" I came out as more of a question then anything. I really had no idea what to say to him. My boyfriend had just bashed him up.

"It's fine really, I sort of understand why he did it." he said sitting up. It was then I noticed that he had a swollen eye, it was bruised nicely with a green and slightly purple tinge and he looked like he had had his face rubbed against the side walk.

"Oh my God ..." I managed to mutter. "I'm so sorry ... I don't know what came over him." I gulped.

"Addison it's fine seriously." he tried to assure me.

"But the police ... they took him away and you're bashed to a bloody pulp and oh my God!" I was starting to panic. I really should have started and finished panicking before I left the house.

"I've already told the police that I'm not pressing charges Addie, it's fine. I know you two are happy together, it was a silly idea to suggest that we catch up. They took him in to give him a caution." he explained. this sort of made me feel better, but he still bashed Ryan up. And he had a crappy motive to, he should have come home and talked to me. Or gone out and gotten trashed with Cole, I would much rather prefer that then this!

"Are you going to be alright?" I asked slowly.

"Yeah Addie I'll be fine. I've got some bruised ribs and he broke my nose, nothing major it's fine." he assured.

I cringed when he said bruised ribs, I knew how that hurt. "Ouch I know what bruised ribs are like." I said to him and he raised an eyebrow. "Oh uh, I got hit my a car when we were in London." I explained when he looked at me with a strange and confused expression.

"Oh."

"Well I guess I uh ... better get to the police station so Jake has a ride home. And again I'm really sorry about him, he's just ... an idiot." I said struggling to find the right words to describe my stupid idiotic boyfriend. Idiot seemed appropriate. Ryan chuckled and nodded his head.

"Ok no worries, but thanks for coming to visit." he said with a smile.

"I hope you get better soon." I smiled back and walked out.

I felt much better after talking with Ryan about what happened and he was really, really understanding which actually surprised me. I thought he would have pressed charges with out anything at all, guess he's not as bad as I thought. I'm still mad a Jake though, how could he think that confronting Ryan was a good idea? He's always gotten under his skin.

I drove back home because I didn't know if it was time to pick Jake up from the police station or not. But when i got home Mel told me that Jake had called and it was time to go and get him. I took my time, this time taking my phone. He can wait a little bit longer, I'm still mad.

When I finally did get to the police station he was standing out the front in the clothes that he was wearing yesterday, he looked happy to see me. I was just happy he didn't get charged. "Thanks for picking me up." He cooed as he leaned over and pushed his lips to my cheek. I just sat there and stared ahead. Once he put his seat belt on I drove off with out a word. I decided that I would feel better if I saw Jake apologise to Ryan. "Baby where are we going?" he asked cautiously when I missed the turn for our street.

"You are going to apologise to Ryan!" I snapped, possibly a little too harsh but he deserved it.

"But baby -" I cut him off I was not having him get out of this one.

"No Jake you are going to the hospital to see what you did to him and you are going to say sorry whether you like it or not!" I barked.

The car ride from then on was silent. He didn't dare say anything to me after that. Even the walk to the hospital room was quiet. Until we got to the hallway. "You better apologise because I'll be listening." I ordered. He nodded his head and I pointed to the room where Ryan was.

He left the door open a little and I leaned close to it so I could hear what they were talking about. "What are you doing here?" Ryan asked cockily.

"I'm being forced to apologise." Jake muttered. I rolled my eyes, trust him to say that.

Ryan laughed. "Get on with it then. Seems as though when Addie talks you do ..." Ryan muttered with another chuckled. I frowned, he was being rather rude to Jake.

"I'm sorry." I could hear Jake say through gritted teeth.

"I'm sorry I didn't quite get that, could you speak up?" Ryan teased.

"I'm sorry." Jake said louder, you could that he was getting annoyed.

"It doesn't sounds like you mean it ..."

"Oh come on Ryan. I'm being forced to apologise here, do you really think i'm gonna mean it when you were asking for it in the first place?" Jake snapped. I was about to walk in and tell Jake to be nice but Ryan started laughing.

"It's all in the plan to get Addie in my bed, mate." my eyes widened in shock and I suddenly got really, really angry. I pushed the door open with out thinking and walked over to Ryan and slapped him hard across the face.

"Fuck you Ryan! That would never happen. Jake was right, you haven't change a bit." I hissed. i turned around grabbed my boyfriends hand and stalked out of the room before he could get another word in. How dare he?!