chapter 25.

Am sitting on a chair and he is towering in front of me and I roll my eyes when he doesn't talk instead he takes a few steps back the wooden floor making a creaking sound everytime he steps on them.

“so? ” I question.

“I need you to help me.”

“help you?!” I scoff “and what made you think I'd be capable of that? ”

“because you can do it.”

“okay listen, I don't know you. Why would I help you?”

“because we have the same enemy.”
That gets my attention.

“what enemy? ” I ask leaning in front on the seat and placing my elbows on my knees.

“the one that killed Mr falcon.”

“what did you just say?” I gasp.

“you don't expect me to repeat it do you? ”

“you know the person that murdered dad? ” a part of me is relieved to know that am somewhere close to finding the murder but the other part is hoping he is not the killer because if he is, then I might be his next victim.

“no.”

“then why did you say he is our common enemy if you don't know him. Why are you wasting my timetime? ” he is beginning to piss me off.

He runs his fingers through his hair and to be honest I got distracted for a second there. He pulls a chair and he lowers himself on it opposite me. “listen, you need to do what they want you to do or they kill your brothers.” his eyes are laced with worry. Looks like he has a good side after all.

“who is they? ”

“ooh.. You took this better than I thought. ” he says getting comfortable.

“how was I supposed to take it.” I ask narrowing my eyes dangerously on him.

“you know, freaked out that your brothers' lives are in your hands or something.”

“well, have you met my brothers? ” I sit up. “they can take good care of themselves. Am only sitting here and not holding your gun at your face because I want to know who murdered dad and what is it that you want me to do.”

He creases his eyebrows together, “you can do that? ”

God am just bluffing, I hope he doesn't see through that but one thing is for sure, am not scared because he doesn't look like he can hurt a fly let alot kill me so am a little comfortable about that. Also that I have been through a lot and way worse things that when a day goes by without anything happening I feel like something is off.

I also might be going crazy. Can't tell which is which.

“you'll find that out if you stop giving me a reason why am here.”

He reaches for his pocket and he gets flash drive. “what the hell is that? ” I ask beating him to it when he opens his mouth to talk.

“come on don't tell me you don't know what this is, it's a flash drive.”

“I know what a flash drive is, what do you want me to do with it? ” I say ignoring his grin and keeping a straight face.

“jeez! You need to have a sense of humor pretty.”

“Don't call me that.”

He raises his hands in surrender, “we need you to insert it in the system at the precinct and remove it after the red light turns green. Simple. ” he finishes placing the drive on my hand.

“whaat!? ” I snap “are you crazy? How am I supposed to do that?”

“you'll be there alot of times during Mr Falcon's homicide investigation, you'll have a lot of chances to do that.”

“if I don't do it?” I ask supressing the gut telling me that I shouldn't be here, I can't trust him but my brain and heart keeps me going. They are going to help me find dad's killer plus what damage would it do to the precinct's systems.

“they have Jim, and he doesn't look so well.” his expression grows serious and all my courage goes to the wind. “and I can promise you that they don't give a shit about him but they keep their word that if you do this, you'll have him back in one piece.”

I panic, “how sure am I that he is alive, why should I trust you? ”

He scrolls down on his phone, “don't trust me, shit I don't even trust myself.” he raises his phone and he plays a vedio for me.
It's Jim, he is leaning on the wall his face is swolen and he has a black eyes,his lip has been bursted, his shirt is torn and he doesn't have one shoe. He is tied with chains on his feet and hands.

I reach to wipe a tear trickling down my cheek angrily, “why did you bear him up like that? ” I almost yell.

“hey... He is pretty stubborn you know, we had to give him a few beatings to get him to cooperate.”

“you are going to do the same to me if I don't 'cooperate' ” I say gesturing to the quotes with my fingers.

“no.”he stands “if you don't, we kill him and frame you for your brother's murder. We both know your other brother won't take it lightly when he finds out you were responsible for his murder.” he smirks widely like he just won a lottery or something. He is so annoying.

He walks to the door“I know you're smart enough to make a wise decision.” he opens the door. “you coming? ”

“where are you taking me? ”

“home.” he says and I hesitate before standing and walking into the taxi we just arrived in.

He starts the car and he pulls out of that place.

What am I getting myself into?

“so, why do you keep saying Mr falcon? How do you know him?” I break the silence and his eyes land on mine on the rear view mirror before focusing on the road.

“I can't answer that.” he says slowing at the bump before speeding up again.

“why? ”

“you're life will be in the line, it's better if you don't know.”

“as if my life is not fucked up already.” I scoff. “well, at least tell me who is your boss. ”

“get that done and I'll answer your questions.” he says pulling in on our gate. “don't say a word of this to anyone it'll be good for you if they don't get involved or else you'll have a lot of blood in your hands” he says and he unlocks the car.

I get out not looking back and he stops me on my tracks, “ hey miss.”

“what? ” I whisper.

“my cub money.” he lazily winks biting his lower lip.

“Go to hell.” I roll my eyes at him. Again. He's so annoying.

“see you around pretty.” and he drives off.