Chapter 2

Once Ruby makes it to Beacon, a flood of memories starts rushing at her. The grimm that she froze was still there suspended above the school like a grotesque decoration. She waits for Salem to appear, knowing that this would probably be the end for her. She wasn't afraid to die.

After a few minutes, Salem comes towards her as Ruby has her back to her. "Ruby."

Ruby turned automatically to Salem. "I'll go with you. I don't care what happens to me." Even though Ruby was trying to be brave, her heart was pounding a mile a minute. Her silver eyes meet Salem's red ones as if she wasn't afraid at all. "This doesn't have to be a fight. My friends don't even know I'm here. If you want, you can check the perimeter."

"Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury are already looking around," Salem said, smiling. "They'll be over here in a minute."

"So what are your plans for me?" Ruby asked.

"All in good time," Salem answered.

Ruby nods. "You used to kill people with silver eyes. I remember seeing one of your grimm. It was a man with silver eyes that you turned. Did you do that to...?"

"Summer Rose?" Salem asked. "No. I didn't have the knowledge to do that at the time I met her."

Ruby sighs in relief. "You have nothing to fear from me. I won't do anything against you." She reluctantly dropped crescent rose on the ground and walked over to Salem. "I'm here."

Just then Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury came over. Cinder spoke. "Nothing. No one is here."

"Good," Salem said. "Let's go home." They all follow her with Mercury and Emerald grabbing Ruby's arms. She didn't struggle to escape.