Chapter 16

Ruby and Atreus bring the Relic of Choice over to Salem and she smiles at them. "Good work, you two. Hopefully we can locate the Relic of Destruction next."

"We'll be ready," Ruby said. "Whatever you're planning, we're behind you. This new world you wish to create will bring a new dawn to Remnant."

Salem smiles at her. "I'm glad you agree. Well, you two can go rest now. The sooner we get the final relic, the better. We'll bring a new order to Remnant."

They bow and go to their room.

Salem goes back to the lower level of the lair to check on Summer. She walks over to her cell and smiles at her. "Getting comfortable?"

Summer just glares at her while Salem takes her gag out. "I want to see my daughter, Salem."

"You will eventually. Once I get what I want," Salem said, smiling. "All I need now is the Relic of Destruction. Once I have that, you can see her."

"Give her incentive," Summer suggested.

Salem's eyes widened, intrigued. "What do you mean?"

"Let her see me now," Summer said, "and she'll be more inclined to get the last relic for you."

She glares at her. "You'll just try to get her to leave."

Summer looks up at Salem. "If she chooses to stay with you, I won't stop her. If she's happy here, I'll support her."

"And what do you think should happen to you?" Salem asked.

"I'll join you if that's what Ruby wants," Summer said. "I will never leave her."

"How sweet," Salem said.

"I don't care if you make me what you are," Summer said. "All I care about is seeing Ruby."

"You would be wise not to try anything," Salem threatened.

"What can I do against you?" Summer asked. "You've already captured me, you have my daughter, and this place is crawling with grimm."

Salem smiles. "You're right."

"So just let me see my daughter and I'll do what she wants," Summer said. "If she wants me to join you, I will. If she doesn't want me here, then kill me. I have nothing else to live for."

"Fine. I'll go get her." Salem goes to get Ruby.