Chapter one: The Vanishing of Will Byers

- November 6th, 1983 -
"Hawkins Indiana Movie Theater"

As Nick and I sat in the theater we were watching Cujo the newest scary movie out. As we watch the movie I think about Steve and our breakup. Steve and I were dating for two years and all of that love was in the trash. About a week ago Nick, Steve, and

Nancy we were staying at Steve's house we all sat in his living room when Nancy and Steve went up the stairs I didn't think of it too much until ten minutes later. I went up the stairs to check on them I looked around a bit when I heard loud kissing sounds I walked over to Steve's room and kicked the door open. When it opened I saw It... Steve and Nancy... kissing.

That day it felt like I lost a lot like I did something wrong Now there was a hole in my chest... scratch that in my heart. Maybe he just got bored of me who knows.

When the movie ended Nickolas and I walked out talking about our home life and how we deal with it.

" See you soon Nicklas," I walk to my car" Are you coming to school tomorrow??" he asked as I walked away " You know, it's Hopper!"

I drive up to Erica's friend's house pick her up and go home and watch my little pony. As I sit and watch the show with Erica when I hear the door open I look to see who

it is and it's Lucas " Hey Lu how was the campaign?" I sit up to look at him." It was fine." Lucas says walking away I could tell it wasn't fine.

...

As drive from the movie theater, I think about Angel and how she is feeling after her breakup She was so heartbroken I think tonight helped a little. I truly see Angel as a sister or a potential girlfriend but her messages are truly hard to read or I'm dumb. As I pull up to my house I see my Dad Jim Hopper, he

was drunk again and I hated it, I walked up to the house and saw my Dad on the porch smoking " Welp here it comes." I get out of my truck and walk over to the house. I tried to walk past him until he stopped me.

"Where have you been all night?" he asked with the smell of beer on his breath, " Angel and I were going to the movies tonight remember?" he just looked at me I scoffed and walked into the house.

'Why does he always do this? What happened to my Dad?'

-

I wake up to my alarm half sleep thing ' What the hell.' I get out of bed walk to the bathroom and get ready for the day.

'Or whatever you want to wear

When I got out of the bathroom and went downstairs and saw Lucas and Erica bickering.
" Mom, Dad I'm going to school!" " Have a nice day Angel," I walked out of the house and got into my car.

- When I get to school I see Nickolas sitting in the back of his truck reading something.

So I went to see what it was. As I walked over to Nick I saw my usual crowd watching me walk aka 'the basketball team' I just kept walking toward Nick's car. " Hey, Nicky what are you doing?" I said as I hopped next to him. "Just researching for the test did you miss me already?" he looked up
at me with a smirk

"no, I didn't miss you, Nickolas I was just changing to see my best friend is that alright with you?" I say with a smile on my face whatever you say.'' "Yeah, it is whatever I say," I hit his arm.

I and Nick walked into the school talking about the movie and who was more scared.
" No, you were the scared one." Nick said with a smirk on his face "It was only because the way the dog moved was just weird," I chuckled. We stop at our lockers to put our stuff away when we see the power couple of the year walk right in front of us. I sigh and ponder about how that used to feel in Steve's arms
Around me like a blanket.

But when I look at it now, it's a cliche and fake dream something I wanted to be real.

I look over at Nick how does he deal with me? I was grinning at him." What are you smiling at princess? " Nickolas said with a mocking smirk on his face "Nothing." I say just a little too fast "OK, try to get to class on time today. I can't keep stalling for you! " he walks away but I just stay there and do my make-up little mirror in my locker.

When I was done with my makeup I started walking to class The bell didn't ring yet so I was fine. Until I see Steve just standing next to the wall looking at me I try to walk past him but he grabs my arm. " Angel, we need to talk." " No, we don't," I said and pulled my arm away.
" Please just listen," Steve said I stopped and looked at him. "What? You're going to make me late for class." " I just wanted to say sorry Angel." Steve says "Well that's a first." I laughed Steve never said sorry to me throwing out our whole relationship

Nancy was my best friend so Steve killed our relationship and my friendship that night.

" Look, Angel, I'm sorry-" I stopped him " No you're not you just sorry you got caught," " Angel, please I just want to be friends I'm having a party on Tuesday, please come," Steve said I walk away from him and walk to class I get there before the bell and I sit down next to Nickolas. And sitting quietly in the class I don't know if I can trust Steve.

After what he did to me, my life, and my friendship... I miss Nancy so much. I'll ask Nick about it he knows all about these things.

...

𝟏𝟎𝟒𝟎 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝'𝐬

ᥣׁׅ֪ᨵׁׁׅׅׅ᥎ׁׅꫀׁׅܻ݊ ᨮׁׅ֮ᨵׁׅׅυׁׅ ֮ϐׁᨮׁׅ֮ꫀׁׅܻ݊.