X. TWO.

the sound of tree bark shattering echoes throughout the rocky area - the mountains

the sound of tree bark shattering echoes throughout the rocky area - the mountains. the green haired man has been jabbing his spear through the rough bark repeatedly, for nearly an hour or so now. the trees' branches would sway with each thrust of the spear as the bark would snap.

the other gods took notice. morax, a fallen sun god, was the first to take notice of the yakashas behavior. his bright yellow eyes would harden at each snap and each crack he heard. whereas, guizhong, the goddess of dust, seemed noticed as well, but she never . . . attempted to do anything for the poor yakasha.

all of the others are surroundings the gods by a table and digging into food, but not alatus. alatus' stomach's been grumbling for a while, but the thought of consuming food after being so easily tricked disgusts him. he allowed himself to fall for the same trick, twice. a cheap and lousy trick, at such.

   "alatus," morax finally calls out. his voice is low as he calls the yakasha's name, and it isn't long until his rough hand laid itself on the man's pale shoulder, "come eat. cease this."

   "i cannot afford to eat it, sir," alatus responds as he thrusts the spear once more. his shoulder pushes against the archon's hand harshly, but it's nothing he hasn't experienced before. he's leaped and fell from large mountains, he's been stabbed and shot, his mortal-appearing body has been through so much. an archon's strong grip wouldn't bother him.

   "what's the meaning of this, then?" morax questions and pulls his hand away from the man, whose deeply fixated into his activity.

  "alatus met y/n," bonanus calls out. her voice is high and feminine, and it doesn't take much effort for her to project her voice, "and! poor guy fell for his tricks, twice."

  "the trickster god? one of focalors men?"  morax asks, turning his attention to the blue haired woman, dressed in all blue.

  "correct, but i'm fairly sure he's under aym's reign, isn't he, alatus?" bonanus asks alatus, whose busy stabbing the poor tree.

  "..." alatus falls silent for a moment, stopping his activity to turn his focus onto his archon and colleagues, "he goes for whoever offers the best deal, i hear."

  "from who?" morax chimes in. it's clear the archon's attention is piqued as he asks.

  "barbatos."

  "lord of wind? what would you be with him for?"

  "he came . . . to," alatus starts before he maneuvers his way towards the array of food; he couldn't ignore his hunger any more, "to collect the corpses from the last fight."

  "i see," morax sighs before going to take a seat by the goddess of dust. his arm drapes itself on her shoulders as he begins to ponder.

  "what's our next move?" indarias asks everyone at the table: the rest of the yakashas, cloud retainer, guizhong and morax.