X. SIX

"i'm not doing jackshit, try again," you say with a bit of a harsher tone in response to the man's statement

   "then- this isn't finished," alatus starts a statement before ending it with a completely different one. his voice softened at the beginning, but he made sure to harshen it at the end.

what a strange man, you think to yourself with a sigh, as you believe he disappears into the night. it's not as if you could tell for sure, but you waited for a few moments and you didn't get attacked, so it's probably safe to assume.

the wound in your arm aches and the moment your hand brushes against the cloth against it, it's clear to tell how badly it's bleeding. the blood completely soaked the cloth and then some. how splendid, you get to deal with . . . this and explain it all to aym.

how would you explain this to aym? sure, you could gloss over a few details about the whole thing, but he did say you landed in liyue. the way you went was probably one of the more flank-y routes, as only alatus seemed to have appeared to try and stop you.

you could tell aym about such a spot, or keep it to yourself. it's not as if aym needs to know about such a place, as she'd probably ruin the landscape trying to find morax. and the forest is awfully beautiful, especially at this time of night, maybe you - you should keep this to yourself. you've decided.

besides, aym must be rather busy with keres, was it? the goddess of brutal death? summoning her and making a decent offering must be rather exhausting, not as if you care, but it gives you even more of an excuse not to tell her.

plus, dueling with alatus was a bit fun, you must admit. you sort of look forward to doing such again - just to see who would win without being interrupted - not for any other reason.

conquerer of demons, huh?

you make the slow and long journey back towards aym's manor, all while keeping that wound of yours in check

you make the slow and long journey back towards aym's manor, all while keeping that wound of yours in check. it should heal a bit on its own, due to the archon blood inside you, but it could be a good excuse to have one of those servant girls help you. they're fairly attractive, in their own ways, but most are married. how unfortunate.