15

[WARNING: this chapter includes the scene that happened with Niragi and Usagi, but I didn't go into detail when writing it, but I wanted to warn readers before getting into the chapter.]

———————————————

The group celebrated their lead by a couple of thousand points for just a few more minutes before going back to hunting items.

"What did you do before coming to this world?" Niragi asked her out of the blue, it surprised Hana.

"Why do you want to know?" Hana raised a brow, earning a low laugh from Niragi.

"Look, we still have an hour of this game left and it's gonna take forever to find any more items. Might as well try to make some small talk." He replied, leaning against one of the containers.

Hana decided to keep her distance away from Niragi and sit down, leaning her back against the container, but was still close enough to talk. "I'm not going to tell you everything, but uh, I didn't do anything before all of this."

Niragi scoffed. "Really? Someone like you wasn't doing anything? I find that hard to believe."

Hana sent a look Niragi's way. "I'm telling the truth! I was unemployed and spent my time with my brother and Arisu, my other friend as well."

"So you and Arisu were friends before this? No wonder why you two are practically attached to one another." Niragi almost sounded bitter when speaking about Arisu, it confused Hana.

After a short pause, Hana cleared her throat before speaking again. "...So what did you do?"

"You know, just hung out and stuff." He responded casually but Hana couldn't help but let out a mocking laugh. "What?

"I expected you to do something. You know, be an asshole to people or something like that." Hana shrugged, earning a glare and smirk from Niragi.

"I'm not an asshole to everyone," Niragi muttered.

Another laugh escaped Hana - Niragi not being an asshole to everyone he meets? Unbelievable. "Yeah, I hope you can learn how to lie better."

Just as Niragi was going to reply something sassy back, the speaker announced that there was a change in the points.

Hana stood up and took a good look at the screen - they had lost 10000 points. The other team was only behind by 4000, what the fuck happened?

There was also a player who had less than 0 points, but who was it? What was going on?

"Come on. Let's go see what happened." Hana said to Niragi before they both ran back to their base.

———————————————

When everyone was back at their main base, the atmosphere seemed more stressful than before.

Tatta was sitting with his back against the metal pole. He looked guilty for what had happened to the other team.

One of their teammates had died because Tatta tagged them. Kyuma's team ambushed poor Tatta which made him choose one person to die in the moment.

"By sacrificing one of their members, three of them have more than 10000 points." Arisu pointed out.

"Couldn't even protect the base. Fucking moron." Niragi bent down to be leveled with Tatta. "Losers will always be losers. Fucking useless."

Hana felt the anger rise inside of her, making her step forward and smack Niragi across the back of the head.

He let out an 'ow' as he turned around to see Hana looking down at him. "Tatta did the best he could with protecting this place."

"The best he could?" Niragi scoffed as he stood up. "Any smart person would tag Kyuma instead!"