season 2 - the end

3 MONTHS LATER

It's been three long months since the meteorite hit Tokyo, leaving citizens in city to be affected tremendously.

The grief that came with losing people hit hard, especially for Hana and Arisu, but they always had each other and that was important to them.

Ever since then, Arisu and Hana decided to hang out more and more, until one day they started a relationship.

As of now, they were both laying in the bed of their shared bedroom, holding each other in their embrace as the hard day ahead of them was going to start."I know todays going to be hard but we'll get through it, I promise," Arisu said as he pulled his pajama shirt off in exchange for a new shirt. "If we cry that's perfectly fine."

"I couldn't of gotten through this without you, Arisu," Hana walked over, placing a kiss atop of his head. "The grief has been the hardest part but you being there was all I needed."

"The same for you." Arisu smiled up at her.

 Today was the funeral of Karube and Chota. Hana's mother had spoken with Chota's family to plan out the funeral and they decided on today just a few weeks back. For the past week, Hana and Arisu were thinking about it. Sending them off for good would be hard, but they knew they had to do it.

"I think we should go to the bar after the funeral. As if we were going to see Karube and Chota," Hana suggested. "What do you think?"

"I think that's a great idea." Arisu stood up, kissing the top of her head.

Hana smiled at the man. "Let's get ready, it's a long day ahead."

────────────

The day went on for the couple. It felt slower than usual, but knew that the time for the funeral would come quickly.It was about 2 o'clock when Arisu and Hana started getting dressed in funeral-attire clothing - all black. 

Hana sighed as she put on her black dressed, running her fingers through her hair as she looked in the mirror. The emotions were getting to her again, this often happened when she was alone. 

Survivors guilt - that's what her therapist told her. The guilt of being one of the only survivors left. That's what Arisu had as well.

"Hey, hey," Arisu walked over, wrapping his arms around her waist. "It's okay, you're okay."

Before she knew it, Hana had tears running down her cheek. Too many thoughts filled her head but Arisu was there to make sure she was okay.

"Just breathe," Arisu spoke softly as he turned the girl around to bring her into a proper hug. "You're okay."

"I don't want to do this. What if we can't make it to the funeral, I-" A sob left her mouth. "I want to go, I really do, but it's just so hard."

"I know," Arisu rubbed her back gently. "It's okay to cry. Remember when I told you before? We're going to get through this, I promise."

"Okay," Hana took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, Arisu."

"Hey, you don't have to apologize, you did nothing wrong." Arisu looked at her and placed a kiss on her forehead for comfort.

"I just have to finish my hair and I'll be finished. I hope I'm not taking too long." Hana returned a kiss back to Arisu - this time of the lips before walking off to the bathroom.

"Take all the time you need." Arisu called out to her.

────────────

Arisu and Hana eventually left their apartment and went to where the Funeral was being held. Hana was quiet the whole car ride in the back of the Taxi, but Arisu was there to hold her hand, squeezing it a few times when he could feel her stress levels rising.