Chapter Four

There were several minutes of comfortable silence between us. It was a bit weird to get to know someone who knows you but you have no memory of this person. But I am looking forward to hear more stories of my childhood.

„What are you thinking about?", Sirius asks and smiles at me.

„Nothing it's fine... But... can I ask you something?", I ask a bit uncertain. I am scared that he will be offended by my questions or actions, so I try not to do anything that could make him mad.

„Yes! Yes of course, you can ask me anything", he answers immediately and positions himself straighter on the couch.

„How was she?", I ask hesitantly. „The only thing I know is that she... died" I continue with a small voice.

When I was like eight years old, the head of the orphanage made me clean his whole office. While doing so I found a file with my name on it. At first I tried not to look in it because it is rude to pry into things that are none of your business. But practically it was my business because my name stood on it. So, I looked in it and it was a file filled with data about me. My complete Name, my birthday, my hair and eye colour, my size and so much more things. But what caught my attention then was that that where the headline 'parents' stood there was only one name and next to it were two dates, the one she was born on and the one she died on.

Back then I didn't really know how to feel about it but when I grew older I was kinda disappointed because I thought she was the only parent I had and that there was no chance to ever get out of this shit-hole of orphanage. But I was wrong and I got out. But I have no idea if that is such a good thing. I can't help it but ask myself, what if they are really just playing with me to gain my trust and then hurt me? So for now I can not bring myself to trust them, maybe some day but surely not yet.

„She was amazing! The best person I ever knew", he answers my question. „She had not one single spark hatred in her. Even to the people who hated her, not that there were some, but still even to them she was always kind and always so helpful" he continues to talk about. He looks so fascinated when he talks. „You have to know that our family's were enemy's, but even that didn't stop her from helping me"  He has a large smile playing on his lips when he finished.

„With what did she help you?", I ask curiously. I swear curiosity will kill me someday. But I can't help it.

„With studying", he chuckled slightly while saying this. „I was not that good in school and she was the smartest witch I ever knew. So, when she saw me struggling in the library one day she asked if she could help me somehow". He is smiling thinking about this memory. It also made me a bit smile.
„You remind me so much of her", he suddenly says. I look at him confused. „She was not really a talkative person. At least not with people she didn't know, but she still approached them when she saw they were struggling", he gives me an encouraging smile, which made me smile.

I wanted to ask him something else but we were interrupted by Molly who told us that everyone is waiting for us with dessert. So we are back at the dinner table. When we came back Dora sat on the chair I sat on previously, so i have to sit next to Sirius which is not a bad thing. I kind of enjoy talking to him.

I am still a bit embarrassed by the thing the twins said. But I try to ignore it, just like the way they are constantly looking at me. I listen to the conversation from Remus and Sirius. They are talking about the things about their time at Hogwarts. I never thought that my Bio-Father was such a trouble-maker when he was younger.

„Daenora, how are you in school?", Remus suddenly asks out of the blue.

I am confused as to what he means. Does he mean if I have good grades or a lot of friends. Because if he means the second one, the answer would be no. People think I am weird because I like to be alone and read or something.
But if he means the grades, then yes. I have straight O's in all of my classes. It is rather easy for me, so I don't have to study a lot for exams or tests.

„I am doing fine", i answer a bit unsure.

„You have good grades? Lots of friends?", he asks further.
This time I just nod in response and he smiles at me. He was just about to say something else when we were interrupted.

„It's late kids, off to bed now", Molly cuts our conversation short. All of the Weasley kids groan but stand up reluctantly.
I have no Idea where I am going to sleep so I look at Sirius unsure of what to do.

„You can stay here for a bit longer, my dear. I will show you where you are going to sleep in a bit, after we talked a bit more", he kindly says. Molly males a disapproving noice but doesn't comment it further.

They all say goodnight while leaving the room, also Remus and Dora leave to go to bed which leaves me alone with Sirius who is sipping on his fire whiskey and is watching her intently.

„I know I asked you that before but... Are you okay?", he asked a bit anxious.
I am but I am not at the same time. I can't trust him, or any of them. But I want to trust them. I want to have someone I can go to and who will help me and hold me and...

I want someone I can confide in.

I need someone I can confide in.

But with my past, where everyone I ever trusted turned their back on me, I can not make the same mistake again.
They have to earn my trust, and when they do they hopefully don't destroy it.

„Yeah, I am fine. It's just a lot to take in", I answer.

„I understand that. But if you need anything, don't hesitate to come to me. I will do everything I can to make this all easier and to make you happy. You understand?", he asks.
I just nod with a faint smile playing on my lips.
I am really grateful for that and I hope he means it.

We sit here for a while in comfortable silence, each of us lost in our own thoughts.
I don't know how much time went by but when Sirius stands up from the table and says that I should probably go to sleep to I just nod.
He says to follow him and he leads me up the stairs. At the top floor there are two doors.

He gestures to one door and says: „that's my room, if you need anything at night just come to me, okay?" he says sternly as to show me he really means it.
„This Room", he makes a gesture to the other door, „was my brothers Room... You loved that room when you were little", he smiles sadly and looks away fron the door. „It is now your room, you can decorate it however you'd like", he says to me looking up to me. „There is still some old stuff in it but we will sort trough it in the next few days and get rid of the unnecessary things, okay?" he continues.

„Yes, totally fine. Thank you", i say gratefully. He has given me more, in the last few hours, than any other person in my life.

„It was probably an exhausting day for you, you should go to sleep, and I should too", he yawns at the end of his sentence which made me chuckle slightly.

„Goodnight"

„Goodnight, my love"