Chapter Seven

Sirius paid for my wand, I wanted to pay it myself but he already gave Mr Ollivander the money before I could even ask how much I owed him.
So now we are on the streets of Diagon Alley again on our way to get ice cream. We wait in line until we can order. I get one scoop of vanilla ice cream and he gets chocolate. We sit at a table outside the ice cream shop and just enjoy it.

I watch the busy streets and all the people running around. I think about the first time I have stepped foot into this street.
I was 11 years old and one of the teacher from Beauxbatons was here with me to get everything I needed. Believe me when I say that it was magnificent to be here the first time. All the magic that radiates off of everything ist just something else.

„We still have some time left, where do you want to go?", Sirius asks me after we both finished our ice cream. I have no idea where to go now because the only thing I needed was a new wand, so I just shrug. „We could get you... A pet?", he suggested after a moment of thinking. „You don't have a pet yet, do you?", he continues asking and I answer with a simple 'no'.

He is already starting to stand up, but I stop him by saying: „I don't need a pet." He looks at me with a questioning face.

„But do you want one?", he gently asks.

„I don't know. I mean I love animals but... You know... I don't want you to spend your money on me. The wand was already expensive enough", I try to reason with him but he won't have it.

„Daenora, you are my daughter! And believe me when I tell you, that I have enough money to last several lifetimes! Let me spoil you, at least a little bit", he pleads and I have to give in, so I nod, and we head to the shop where you can get almost every creature.

As soon as we walk in there was this smell. It is kind of gross, but after a few moments you get used to it.
With a hand on my upper back, Sirius leads me to the counter where a middle-aged lady stands with a smile on her face. Her  brown hair are braided into two French-braids and laying over her shoulder. Her round glasses fit her heart shaped face perfectly.

„Hello, how can I help you?", the lady asks nicely, while pushing her glasses higher up her nose.

„Hello, we are searching for a pet for my daughter here", he explains pointing at me, I slightly smile at the lady. „So, we would like to know what creatures you have", he continues.

She walks around the counter and leads us a few steps farther into the shop where many pets were. Not just magical one but also normal ones.

„We have almost any creature. From cats and dogs, to rats and owls, to nifflers and even phoenixes, and many more. So feel free to look around and tell me when and if you have decided on a creature", she explains and leaves us againg.

I look around the room. There are so many animals in this room it is almost impossible for me to choose.
I start to walk to the cats and pet some of them. Then I go on the the little puppy's. I keep on looking around and petting almost every creature.
Sirius did not move from his spot, he just watches me with a big smile on his face. When I look at him I gave him a smile back and he came over to me.

„Have you decided on a pet?", he asks while petting the phoenix we stand in front of.

„No, not yet", I tell him. „I mean an owl would be useful for letters, but the cats and nifflers are so cute. And phoenixes are so elegant, and-" I abruptly stop talking when I notice I started to ramble. I quickly apologise.

Sirius just looks at me with a confused look on his face. His head is slightly tilted to his left side. You can literally see the wheels spinning in his figure something out.

„What are you apologising?", he asks after a moment of confusion.

„For rambling", i quickly answers and start to fidget with the ends of my hair. When I talk about something I am really interested in I always tend to start rambling. And every time I do this, the person I am talking to quickly looses interest in what I have to say. After it happened one too many times, I just stopped talking about things I love so it can't happen again, or I just don't talk to people at all. At least bot without them asking me anything directly.

Sirius bow has a concerned look on his face. He stops petting the phoenix and puts both of his hands on my shoulder, making me look up at him. „You don't have to apologise for that! You can talk to me about anything you want, doesn't matter what, I will always listen to you", he tells me sternly. He doesn't ease his stern look until I nod.

He asks me again if I know which pet I want to have, this time, when I started rambling, I didn't stop but just went on and he listened, to everything I had to say.

And bow we are on our way back to flourish and blotts, Sirius carrying the essentials for my new pet and I carry the creature itself.