7: covered in chaos

8 AUGUST, 2027 - OSLO, NORWAY (the present)

Jungkook had his forearm covering his closed eyes as he laid back on the hard, uncomfortable hospital bed and tried to erase any thoughts that invaded his mind. But it was almost impossible to do when he'd just been informed the concert was probably going to be cancelled because of his fucking panic attack, and that Yoongi had to get a stitch in his cheek because he'd fucking lost it and somehow pushed Yoongi, who hit his face on a piece of furniture.

His jaw clenched. His chest was uncomfortably warm, and his throat painfully tight as he tried to keep his tears back. God, he was such a fuck up. Even when he tried, he fucking failed. Over and over and over again, he always messed up. How fucking pathetic was he that he couldn't even handle hearing that Taehyung was in L.A., broke down and hurt Yoongi like a fucking maniac? He was a fucking embarrassment.

The door to his room opened and he let out a hiss of frustration.

"I told everyone to leave me the fuck alone," he snapped, not bothering to move.

The door closed, and for a second he was relieved, but then he heard footsteps move closer to him. He was in a private room. There was no one else they could be here to see, and they weren't one of the fucking doctors or they'd have said.

He shot up to sitting position, ignoring the ache of the muscles of his abdomen.

"Did you fucking hear -- " He cut off when he saw who it was.

Dr. Bang gave him a small smile. "I heard you. I chose not to listen."

Jungkook sighed and laid back down in the same position. "Did Hoseok call you?"

"He did."

Jungkook scoffed.

"Are you planning to continue to be rude, or will you practise mindfulness in your treatment of others as we've discussed?" Dr. Bang asked after a moment.

The effort to keep his temper in check forced him to reach into his physicality and unclench his jaw muscle by muscle as he removed his arm from his face and sat up again. He pressed the button to raise the bed behind him. Dr. Bang was standing in the same position a few feet from the side of his bed.