Chapter 18

The stars filled the night sky with life. As the stars of the royal family formed and shined something left me wondering. She said there were four, but I only saw three. Then Sphinx went back to my shoulder and looked at the night sky. A fourth star appeared in the sky and the Sphinx meowed what sounded like joy. Zove turned to me and her eyes filled with tears as she hugged me.

"Welcome home sister!" Zove said with a smile

"I'm home?" I asked

"Yes, Phoenix, your home now!" Zove said

I felt joy and pride. I was a princess in the denial royal family and I was Zove's sister. This felt like a dream come true, but all good things had to come to an end. A giant sandstorm came rolling in. Me, Sphinx, and Zove ran back inside the pyramid castle. The door slammed shut and we blocked and covered every window. The amethyst light went out as the storm came closer to the town.

"There hasn't been a sandstorm in 3 hundred years!" Queen Juno said holding me and Zove

"What do you mean 3 hundred years?" I asked holding Sphinx in my arms

"After you got taken the sand storm stopped coming," Queen Juno said

"Is it my fault?" I asked

"Of course not dear! The sandstorms have water in it kinda like a rainstorm," Queen Juno using her magic as light

As the storm got worse my body felt like I was going to be sick. I didn't feel well and I thought it was sand and maybe it got in the castle somehow. Then the storm stopped and it was gone, it lasted for about an hour. Then the guards put everything back to wear and we went to the town and helped the townspeople. My mother Queen Juno went and helped the people and me and Zove went to help clean around the shops and markets. The markets and shops were messed up; there was food on the ground or under the sand. Clothing was torn and hung on onto homes and animals.

I didn't know how to use the power I had, but I tried to find out. I took some deep breaths and then put my hand over an object and moved back to the spot it was before. I stayed focused as I moved everything around to not mess anything up.

"Thank you so much, princess!" A lady said bowing down

"Of course, I'm happy to help! Sorry about the Sand Storm," I said

"Your fine dear!" The lady said with a smile and walked off

So much has happened in the last few days that felt like weeks. My mother said that I would have my Princess staff coronation in two days. I felt like I would have time but the time here is so weird and time went by fast. Before I knew it, it was my staff coronation day! I was scared this was something that I never think about happening.

"Phoenix, are you ready!" Zove yelled

"Yeah, but," I said

"What's wrong?" Zove asked

"I feel like it's a bit much," I said without trying to be rude

"Oh that's alright you can fix it to how you like it!" Zove said with a giggle

I fixed my outfit to how I wanted to look. Then two guards came and both spoke.

"Were ready princess Phoenix," They both said

I let Sphinx sit on my shoulder and Zove made her a little dress to match me. Then we walked down the stairs and Zove was waiting for me at the end of the stairs.