𝐿𝑂𝑆𝑆

[EDITED 11 - 27 - 2023]

___ʕʔ___

"... Love!" The shaman woman said presenting a bear totem.

Kenai's bright smile faded away, and instead with disappointment, "What?"

"Yes, love" The woman placed the totem around his neck.

"The bear of love?" Kenai questioned looking at his totem.

"A love that connects and unites all living things" She smiled clasping her hands together, while Kenai looked back to see his brothers and (Y/n) laughing slightly, while the rest of the crowd smiled at him.

"Who wants to trade?" He asked.

"There is no trading" The woman spoke grabbing Kenai's now necklace and hits his head.

"Oh, Kenai, love is the most precious of totems. It reveals itself in unexpected ways. Let love guide your actions. Then one day, you'll be a man, and will place your mark next to those of our ancestors" She explained, holding his hand, and turned back to a wall covered in hand prints.

Kenai smiled and walked up to the wall, looking at his hand. The shaman woman walked up to him before grabbing his wrist and raised it up to the people, who began to cheer. The shaman woman smiled before pulling Kenai into a hug, he hugged back but looked unpleased with his totem.

ʕʔ

Once the ceremony was over, Kenai walked from the village, still disappointed from what he had gotten, but he wouldn't be alone for long.

"There he is. Come here, lover boy" Denahi came over with his arms wide, when Kenai went to walk away, his brother pulled him by his arm and ruffled his hair.

"Leave me alone" Kenai demanded pushing away Denahi, walking off.

"Kenai, wait. I'm sorry" Denahi said not wanting  for Kenai to stay.

"What?"

"Your totem, I think it's really great"

"You do?" Kenai asked his eyes widened.

"Yeah. And I made you something"

"Really?" Kenai smiled, right before a flower crown got tossed onto his head, causing him to slouch down.

"Now when you skip around loving everybody, especially your girlfriend you'll smell so sweet" Denahi smiled skipping around Kenai.

Kenai groaned taking off the crown and shoving it to Denahi's chest.

"Well, isn't this nice? Instead of fighting, you're giving each other flowers" Sitka spoke walking into his younger brothers.

"Yeah, isn't it lovely? He's so in touch with his totem already" Denahi said giving him Kenai a hug and putting flowers over his head, Kenai shoved him.

"Hey, dog breath, go take care of the fish" Sitka ordered noticing Kenai's anger.

"Sure" Denahi smiled, putting a flower behind his ear, and went around Kenai tossing flowers, "Kenai loves me, he loves me not"

Kenai bent down grabbing a rock preparing to throw it at Denahi.

"Kenai" Sitka grabbed his wrist stopping him.

Kenai, relaxed but looked at Denahi, with the rock still in his hand, "Someday, I'm going to just... He's just such a..."

"Hey, bonehead. Just because his totem is wisdom, doesn't mean he's wise. I mean, look at him" Sitka  slapped at the back of Kenai's head and spoke as they now both looked at Denahi.