𝐿𝑂𝘚𝑇

__ʕʔ__

"Okay, here's how I remember it. If the snow is white, then it's all right. Yellow or green, it's just not clean. I learned that one the hard way" Koda spoke. They all used mammoths until sundown and just passed some mountains.

As Koda kept talking Kenai and him relaxed on the mammoths tusks, but Koda's chatting made them fool their eyes, "Oh, that reminds me. Last year at the salmon run, my friend Bucky totally dared me, but I'd heard about this other cub who stuck his tongue to an iceberg, and then he started to float away" Koda started to crawl up the mammoths trunk handing his younger out, "And so to save him, they had to, like, rip off his tongue. And so now he has to talk, like this all the time and..."

"Do you ever stop talking?" Kenai asked smiling as he closed Koda's mouth with his paws.

Koda shook off his paws before moving over to one of the mammoths tusks looking at the sky, seeing orange pink and yellow northern lights, "Whoa, look. The night rainbow. You can see the spirits from here"

"You know about the great spirits?" Kenai asked.

"Yeah. My grandma's up there and my granddad. Mom says the spirits, make all the magical changes of the world, like how the leaves change color, or the moon changes shapes or tadpoles change into frogs—"

"Yeah, I get. You know, for a change, maybe they could just leave things alone" Kenai spoke getting upset.

"What do you mean?" Koda asks as Kenai laid down on the other tusks. "My brother's a spirit. If I wasn't for him...I wouldn't be here" He said sadly.

"You have a brother up there? What happened to him?" Koda's asked.

"He was killed by a...b-" he sighs, "By a monster."

Koda looked up to the sky before looking back at Kenai then crawled onto his back, "What's your brother's name?"

"Sitka" Kenai replied looking back at Koda.

Koda looks back up with a slight smile, "Thanks, Sitka. If it weren't for you, I would've never met Kenai"

Kenai then looked up to the sky while Koda laid down beside him sighing happily, "I always wanted a brother" Kenai looks at Koda for a moment then turns a bit to go to sleep alongside him, while the mammoths continue on walking throughout the night with a Eagan watching over them.

ʕʔ

The following morning, still laying on a mammoths back, Tuke and Rutt looking over at the horizon."So, you want to play I spy?" Rutt asked his brother who hummed, "All right. I'll go first."

"Okay."

Tuke spoke, "I spy something green."

"Tree?" Rutt asked looking off into the distance seeing a single tree and patches of grass. Tuke looked astonished before his brother asked, "My turn?" Rutt asks.

"Yeah"

Rutt smiles, trying to find something hard, "Okay, I spy something tall."

"Tree"

"Okay"

Tuke's turns now trying to make it not sound like all he could find a tree, "I spy, something with bark."

"Tree?" Rutt asked getting a groan from Tuke. Now it's Rutt's turn, "Okay, I spy something uh, a vertical log"

"Tree"