Chapter 10

I laid on my bed for almost the rest of the day, still thinking about the kiss. I had to force myself out of the bed to go downstairs to talk to people. Everyone wanted to know what happened at school, but all I told them was the usual stuff that happens everyday. I left out the part about Charlie calling me Ashton's girlfriend... or the kiss... After dinner, I kept working on my drawing of him. At last, I was finished. I decided I was going to give it to him. I hope he will be impressed. At least happy. I folded the paper carefully and put it in my backpack. I went downstairs again and joined my family outside.

•❄•❄•

The next day, I was kind of excited to see Ashton again. To give him my drawing and just to see him. After the kiss, I bet he was going to be uncomfortable seeing me, and I kind of was, too. But not as much as I should be. As I walked through the doors, I kept getting more excited with every step I took. I reach my locker and take out the drawing. I trace my fingers over the outlines and the colored pencil markings. I feel a hand on my shoulder and quickly fold it away."What's that?" Ashton finally speaks."O-oh i-it's nothing..." I stutter nervously. I pause for a moment, recollecting myself. "Actually... It's..." I stop and hand him the folded drawing. I listen as he unfolds it and lets out a small gasp."Me?" He asks. I give a small nod. He pauses for a moment before surprising me by wrapping me in his arms."It's beautiful," he says. "It looks just like me. Even my brownish- gray eyes. Thank you, Sky." My eyes start to tear up as he softly presses his lips onto mine. I wait a moment, then kiss him back. We stand there for a couple seconds, then the bell rings and he lets go of me, grabbing my hand and running to class.