Chapter 6

Two Months Later

We dropped Sky off at school, said goodbye and watched Logan lead her and disappear into the school. She had been going for three months and everything seemed to be going fine. Cedar had faith this would continue for the rest of the year.

*Sky's POV*

I walked along the halls and felt the walls until I felt my locker number. Logan opened my locker, it being a bottom one, and I put my books in. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. I know that hand.
"Ashton?" I asked.
"You're good," he replied. "I guess being blind widens your senses." I nodded.
"It really does," I answered.
"Do you need help with your books?" he asked me. "I have an extra hand." I smiled and nodded. He took my books out of my locker and I closed it. He put his hand on my back and led me through the halls to my class.

After two classes, Ashton and I went to his locker first and to mine next to put away our books. Then, it was lunchtime. He walked me to the cafeteria and sat down with me. He bought me food and talked with me the entirety of it. He was really kind not to sit with his friends like he could have. He chose to sit with me. I felt something I never felt before. Something unexplainable. I ate with him until the bell rang and we went to our next class.
*Snow's POV*
We picked Skylar up from school and found she was happier than usual. She climbed into the car and we drove home. Once we were home, she went straight upstairs. She said she was drawing again. That she was working on something big. We trusted her and only told her to be quiet because her baby brother was sleeping. He was three months old and already was eating Cheerios and strawberry smoothies. He already said his first word, "Mommy." I was so proud. "Dadda." came next. Cedar Smiled for days when he heard that tiny word come from his mouth. But Skylar hasn't been outside in days. I started to wonder what she was doing up in her room. I decided to go take a look. I slowly went upstairs to her room. I silently opened the door to find her on the floor, sure enough, drawing. I went over to her and laid beside her.
"What are you drawing?" I asked her. She didn't even look up.
"A person," she replied.
"Who?" I inquired. She looked up from her pencil.
"Ashton."