A strange encounter

Careful you stood up from your sleeping place and walked over to the dark dragon.

The poor thing was whining pitifully. It had crashed against one of the stone formations and lay now sideway, its tail curled around itself.

You saw how he licked his tailfin.

Why was it doing that?

You tried to make out in the dark of the night what was wrong with it. Then you understood. It missed a part of its tailfin!

Your heart got out to the dragon!

Poor baby, who had done this to it? Like this, it wouldn't be able to fly. It was a downed dragon. And a downed dragon is a dead one.

That is what the elders of your coven always told.

You stood now before the dragon and he finally took note of you. You saw how it sniffed the air, probably to check what you are, then you saw how it relaxed a bit.

It recognized the smell of merpeople.

This was good.

You kneeled down before it and reached a hand out. You know the dragons didn't like to be touched, you needed to get permission from it. You waited for a bit, till you felt how it nudge your hand with his snout.

"Hey sweetheart.", you cooed and stroked its snout. "Your tail hurts bad doesn't it?"

As an answer, it whines pitifully.

You let your eyes thrift for a second to his nether regions.

He whines pitifully.

Poor boy!

"Don't worry, I can help. I can't give you back your tailfin, but I can prevent the wound get infected or worse.", you tell him.

He looks at you with big green eyes. A question groan left his lips.

You pat his snout before you reached with your other hand in the direction of the pool.

You feel the water answering your command. It flies in a stream to your hand, forming a clove.

You put your water-covered hand on the wound of your new dragon friend and let the water twirl around. You concentrated to heal his wound. The water glows, fighting the infection that was beginning to form. Knitting back the broken skin.

When you feel there is not more to heal for you, you send the water back to the pool.

Your dragon friend croons cutely and gives your cheek a big lick as thank you.

You laugh and pet him.

"It was nothing, sweetheart. I'm glad I could help."

The next day you wake up thanks to the sounds of the morning birds

The next day you wake up thanks to the sounds of the morning birds. This was a new experience for you. You never had heard the singing of the birds this early.