We can change the world

You hate to leave Toothless all alone in the cove.

You hated more that you couldn't go with Hiccup to his village and watch how he shows his people the truth about dragons.

But you needed to do it.

It was high time.

So after weeks away, you returned to the underwater place your coven used as a home. You lived around a sunken old ship, in the underwater grottos.

You hoped you could return to your home to your parents without a fuss, but of course, your neighbors and friends saw you and swarmed you.

Your best friend hugged you tight and screamed for a solid minute about how you could vanish for weeks without a word!

You let them get it out, that's when they got your scent and stared with big eyes at you.

When merpeople mated they had a special scent then on them.

You read in their face the question of who the hell you mated with.

That's when your parents arrived and you gladly let them hug you till you couldn't breathe anymore.

Your parents asked the same questions, mostly your mother, why did you leave without a word, where have you been, till they smelled you too.

Your father took both your mother and you by your hands and swam up to your home.

This was a family matter.

Your neighbor and friends could wait.

After you made yourself comfortable in your home you told them anything. When you finished your tale, your parent's chins were on the floor.

"You found a life mate.", your father said in shock.

"A human!", your mother shrieked.

"A Viking no less.", reminds your father.

"A Viking who made friends with a dragon!"

"A Viking who made friends with a dragon and is the next leader of his people!"

"Mom, dad, can you keep it down!", you begged them.

You bet the whole neighborhood heard it.

"Sorry, my little dolphin, but this doesn't happen often that our people mate with humans.", tells your mom this and holds the hand of your father.

...Wait what?

"It happened before?", you shriek now shocked.

You never heard that a mermaid or merman mated with a human before. You thought you would get in trouble because you mated out of your species, yet your parents were mostly calm.

"Ah yes, the last one was Marina. She was a childhood friend of mine.", told your father this. "It was before the coven moved to these waters, she lives in a place called Italy now with her human mate and children."

You just blink.

Huh.

"So you are not angry?", you asked to be sure.

"Of course not, seastar. Sure if you mated with a merperson then you could stay here, but you can visit us."

"And we will come visiting you and your mate and our grandchildren too.", says your mother smiling and looking excitedly at your stomach. "Do you think you are already with child?"

You blushed and put your hands on your stomach.

"We only mated once..."

"Oh my little dolphin, your papa and I needed only two shots before I was pregnant with you!"