In Hindsight

y/n—your name
l/n—last name
y/c/n—your country name
——————————————————————————

"Um...are you alright?"

It was like a crappy harem anime. The boy, timid and meek, reaches out to help the reckless maiden, and the love-struck girl is enamored by the boy's kindness! She has a secret crush on the boy, only to be heartbroken when another girl comes along and seemingly steals his heart!
You supposed you were love-struck by Akechi, but certainly not because of his "kindness."

"Y-yeah," you stuttered, attempting to gain back some sort of cohesive thought, "I'm fine. Sorry to smack into you."

Akechi smiled with his eyes closed. It might have been charming, if it wasn't Akechi.

"It's quite alright," he said smoothly, "I was more concerned that you had been injured. What brings you to Masagami High?"

Ah. Right. Food. The perfect excuse to get away from this conversation. You wanted to meet Akechi, yes, but not like this; not when you didn't even have a game plan. You had to get out.

"I thought lunch was about to end," you confessed.

Akechi chuckled lightly, the sound barely a whisper in the air. A perfect, princely laugh. You held back the urge to roll your eyes.

"Lunch has just started. There's no need to worry," he teetered.

You perked up.

"Oh, really? Great! Gotta go," you smiled, finally disengaging from the man in front of you and jetting off to the cafeteria (which was hopefully far, far away from here).

"Try not to bowl over any more people on your way. It tends to upset them," you heard Akechi snark from behind you. You rolled your eyes for real this time as you dashed away.

* * * * *

Hindsight is always 20/20, and even before you had sat down with your meal, you realized how dumb of a decision it was to leave Akechi behind. You didn't have a plan of how you were going to talk to the guy, but that hardly seemed like an excuse to blow off your one-in-a-million chance of meeting him for the first time. Now how were you gonna talk to him?

Well, if nothing else, you knew what high school he went to, and you had gotten a meal without much incident. Your hunger was satiated for now, but you would be the same way once dinner rolled around. You needed to get a job soon. Like, now. Today.

As soon as you were done, you quietly escaped the cafeteria and managed to fumble your way out to the ivory gates once again.

To your surprise (or perhaps at this point, it wasn't a surprise at all), Goro Akechi was making his way back from wherever he had been to the ivory gates where you were standing.
Hindsight is always 20/20, but never in the moment. You panicked again despite yourself, and ran back inside the building to avoid him. A dumb move on your part, of course; you were running into the place where the object of your terror was headed for. You paled and ran into the first side door you saw—your second mistake.

Eighteen pairs of eyes watched the door shut behind you before looking straight in your direction. You froze.

"You're late. Are you new?" said the person at the head of the room, who you could only assume to be the teacher.

You opened your mouth to correct him, but quickly snapped it shut. If you weren't new, what reason did you have to be here? You didn't want to go to jail for stealing lunch! Did people even go to jail for that? Was it a crime? You certainly weren't going to find out. You couldn't go to jail literally one day after you found Akechi!