Chapter 50: War of Hearts

Warning: There may be a scene in this chapter that is upsetting for someone readers as Dayanara suffers a severe side a effect to the spell Nessa did to link Alec and her, because of her mark.
Dayanara, climbed out of bed and went to check on Tristan and Sparrow who were sleeping soundly in their crib. As she moved through the hallway, she was sure she had felt the room around her waver.
She then decided she would go to the living room and check on Alec who should be asleep on the couch. When she got there the couch was empty.
"Alec? Alec?" Dayanara called out to the dark haired Shadowhunter.
It was strange he wouldn't have left her, without telling her first. Something didn't feel right, if they were inside a rift then who had opened it? Why had they done it? Kane had promised that no more rifts would be created.
As she went around to the back of the couch. Dayanara was shocked to find Alec on the floor.
"Oh no, Alec! Alec can you hear me?" She asked as she rushed to kneel down at his side to check on him. Just as she reached out to touch Alec's left shoulder to try and wake him. White streaks of what seemed like lightning struck out at Dayanara. Throwing her backwards against the couch with such a force that the couch moved across the floor, and she slumped against it.
SSSSSSSSS
A figure around 5ft tall and dressed in a silver hooded cloak,stepped out of the silvery wavering rift. They made their way, to Alec's prone form first to check on him before moving to Dayanara.
"Sorry, about this but I had to make sure I have a future." Said the voice of a young female.
Just as the figure was about to stand the tan hand of a male grabbed her by the shoulder. Before whispering to her in a firm tone.
"You are in so much trouble when I get you home. If you think our Dad's are going to be happy you're dead wrong. You know they forbid you to time travel, Mom agreed with him, its not safe."
As the young female went to pull away, the hood of her cloak fell off, revealing a young girl of thirteen with long curl black hair and dark brown eyes.
"If I didn't do something I was going to be erase, it's not like any of you cared, but Spar." The young huffed as she looked away from him.
He sighed as he gently grabbed his little sister's chin and made her look at him.
He was the spitting image of Magnus Bane, just a bit taller, short black spiky hair was colored blue. His youthful face, made him to be about seventeen.
"You know that's not true. You are loved by everyone. Did you ever think of the trouble you just got Spar in? If someone sees you they will know what family your from, you look to much like Aunt Izzy. Just because when you were going to be born might have been going to change, doesn't mean you wouldn't be born." The young man said to her.
"No, it just means it would change who I am. It did with you Ez. You and Nova were supposed to be born on Halloween and have some kind of great powers. Then that psycho female Warlock messed with Mom's pregnancy and changed this for a lot of people. You didn't even end up with the name they had picked out originally, they used it later." The young teenage female shot back.
The young man narrowed his eyes at her before speaking. "That was low Nessa, even for you. You know that I love our little brother, Thorn and I don't hold anything against him." Ezra said as he grabbed her by the elbow.
"We are going home through the rift before the younger versions of our Dad's come through that door and see us. Now come on before the rift closes. I swear by the Angel if I get in trouble for coming after you, your doing my chores for a month." Ez said as he pulled Nessa through the open rift.
"What! No, I planned on hiding out for a few day to see if it worked." Nessa whispered as she tried to pull away from him.
"No way, and it will be weeks not days before they know or not. Did you really not pay attention in Sex Ed class?" Ez teased his little sister.
"Shut up." Nessa said as she went to shove him. He moved at the last second laughing slightly.
"Alright, this time we're going now." Ez said as he motioned for Nessa to go through the rift.
"You think they will ever realize that what they call a rift in time is just an invisible portal?" Nessa asked as she took her big brother's hand.
"If you and Sparrow keep leaving them open Mom might. She created them after all." The two disappeared into wall and the rift snapped closed leaving behind an unconscious Alec and Dayanara.