Chapter 46: Final Stand

Dayanara continued to walk back and forth as she kept feeling pressure. So she rubbed her side as she continued to walk. Jace came rushing into their living room, "Do you need to sit or lay down?" He asked Dayanara worry clearly spread across his face.
"Magnus, will be here in a little while. Catarina will be here as soon as she can."
Dayanara nodded an okay as she exhaled slowly.
She then walked over to one of the dining chairs to sit.
There was a sudden knock on their door.
"Jace." Dayanara said in a panicked tone.
"Don't worry I'll check it out." Jace said as he readied his seraph blade. As he went to open the door.
"Hello, are you going to let me in or stare at me all day?" Came the sound of Magnus's voice.
Jace cleared his throat as he stepped back from the door.
"Sorry, just had to make sure. Don't want to take any chances. Especially, after the last time with Iris Rouse, I can't let her come near her again." Jace said in a firm tone.
"Don't worry, as much as it will pain me only slightly. I plan on dealing with her fully, it was my mistake for letting her escape last time. If she is brazen enough to try again, which I'm sure she will she will be dealt with." Magnus said as he rushed into the living room.

Magnus's eyes zoned in on Dayanara. As she was pulling herself up out of the dining chair to move around the room. Just then Jace's phone beeps with a message,looking down at the screen, he looks over at Dayanara and Magnus.

"It's Alec, I'm going to check in with him. Dayanara are you going to be ok till I get back?"

"Yes, I'll be fine." Dayanara said to Jace with a small smile.

"Yes, go and do your Shadowhunter business. Dayanara and I will be just fine, won't we my sweet pet?" Magnus said as he smiled at Dayanara.
Jace raised an eyebrow at his words before turning to his phone.
We're on our way.
Jace typed something back quickly.
Hurry she's here! She's wearing Magnus's face!
He hurried back to the living room but they were gone.
"Dayanara!" Jace yelled as panic started to fill him.
"We're in the bedroom!" Came the sound of Dayanara's pained voice.
Jace pulled out the hilt to his seraph blade, the blade appeared at his touch. As he was making toward their bedroom. A portal appeared and Magnus and Alec stepped out. Jace had a finger up to his lips as he pointed toward the master bedroom.
"Alright, I'll bring some tea and ice chips!" Jace answered back to Dayanara.
As he headed to room Magnus and Alec followed behind him. Imposter Magnus, was busy trying to make Dayanara comfortable. Dayanara's eyes widened as she took in Jace and the others.
Jace then placed his seraph blade at Iris who was still wearing Magnus's face.
"You need to get away from her now, or you're going to lose your head." Jace warned venom filling each word.
"Jace, I don't know kind of game you're playing but we're all friends here." Fake Magnus says trying to save his neck.
"Your not Magnus, so you are in no way my friend." Jace gritted out through his teeth.
"You'd never be as good as the real thing darling." Magnus spat out making fake Magnus sweat and swallow hard before his image started to waver before turning into Iris.
Jace's seraph blade was still flush against the skin of her neck.
"How did you know it was me, was it the message you got." Iris questioned as she tried to pull herself away from Jace's blade.
"No, it was something you said to Dayanara you called her your sweet pet. Magnus never calls her that. He calls her Kitten and nothing else."  Jace said in a matter of fact tone.
"Seriously, all because of a name." Iris hissed as she narrowed her eyes at Jace.
"Alexander, my Sweet, would you mind staying with Nara for a bit while Jace and I deal with this viper." Magnus asked his lover. Alec nodded a yes as Magnus and Jace left the bedroom.
"I'll just escape you know, Shadowhunters can always be outwitted." Iris hissed out as Jace's blade started to draw blood.
"You won't get a chance to escape this time. I'm delivering you to the Council myself." Magnus stated in a firm voice.
"You wouldn't, you know what the Klave will do to me!" Iris cried out as fear started to build.
"I couldn't care less, I let you escape once. I told you to stay pww lol ay away from my family, you should have listened." Magnus barked out loud.