Chapter 41: Say Something

Warning: this chapter will be mentioning rape and the events leading to in the form of words and flash backs. Flashback will be in italics.

Jace found himself yawning slightly as he started to wake up. Dayanara was asleep beside him, but he was startled when he noticed Magnus there in their bed too.

"Morning sleepyhead. Hear drink this Dot said this will help with some of the haziness in your head." Jace heard Alec say as he walked into their room.

"Oh by the Angel did we, are we?" Jace stammered slightly as he took the drink from Alec.

"Yes, you did. I put some boxers on you so your not anymore." Alec answered him.

"You saw us?" Jace asked as he did his best to swallow all of the light blue liquid in the glass.

"Unfortunately, Yes I did." Alec confessed to his Parabatai.

Jace glanced at Magnus again.
"Did Magnus and I...?" Jace questioned Alec.

Alec shook his head.
"No, I don't think so the two of you were pretty focused on Dayanara and she on the two of you." Alec said to Jace.

"How did you break the spell on us? Did you kiss Magnus or something?" Jace asked as he climbed out of bed.

"I cut myself and I was able to reach you through our Parabatai bond. You stopped what you were doing and came back to yourself, before falling asleep. Dayanara and Magnus soon followed suit. I'm guessing you woke up due to your stamina rune being active earlier." Alec explained to Jace.

Jace was about to say more when Alec stopped him.

"Jace it wasn't you fault. You all where under the influence of a spell. I do however need you to come to the institute Valentine's been captured, and there is a greater demon lose in New York. Magnus will be here with Dayanara I'm sure she'll be fine. Dot is going to help Simon with the kids." Alec checked off the things he needed Jace's help with before covering the things he knew Jace would be worried about.

Jace glanced at Dayanara and Magnus's sleeping forms as he slid on a pair of jeans and grabbed a shirt and pulled it over he's head.

"OK, let's go. Jace said as he texted Dayanara a message before grabbing his jacket. Jace kissed her forehead, before he headed toward the front door. Alec placed a kiss on Magnus's forehead before following after Jace.
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Several hours later, Dayanara awoke to find herself alone in her and Jace's bed the smell of Sandalwood and amber filled the air, Jace had been there. The smell of ginger blossoms and pears were also in the air. As she put her face down in the pillow to the right of her, Dayanara realized it smelled like Magnus.

"But that would mean that none of it was a dream. Then it would mean that..." Dayanara's words trailed off as she instinctively placed a hand over her womb. Before she quickly pulled it a way.

It was too early to tell if Iris's plan had worked. But she couldn't stop the fear she felt as memories of the time she and Clary had been held captive by Iris Rouse. Tears started to build in her eyes, the torment she had gone through at the hands of Iris had been worst then at the hands of Shadowhunters.

It was true that the Shadowhunters that had held her prisioner, burned her with runes, whipped, bound her magic as well as a few other things. They never drugged her, bled her or siphoned her magick from her. For as long as Iris was free she felt that she was a danger to her family and friends.

Dayanara swore to herself that she would never feel the things she had felt back when she had been younger and had no control and Iris Rouse had stolen that from her. She had no idea she was crying, until Magnus walked into the bedroom.