.2

"there is no way this is a coincidence

"there is no way this is a coincidence."

I sat in my college dorm, a empty bowl of soup in front of me. despite, ignoring the weird website and making food, I couldn't help but continue thinking about it.

it was weird to see kenzie on the list and police cars surrounding her house at the same time. of course they were connected, I knew that much. I stared at my empty bowl of soup and continued to think.

I sigh as I stood up and grabbed my computer. I sat back down on my chair and placed the computer on my lap. I book marked the website, so a simple click brought me back on the page. I skimmed through the page before my eyes widen at the updated list.

kenzie's name was in red and crossed off.

I felt uneasy yet for some reason, I felt I had so much responsibility and power in my hands. it was almost exciting, but then again, someone could die and I'm would be watching their name getting crossed off.

'it wasn't like I killed her, was she even killed? what if l was on this list?

I quickly pressed control F and typed in my name and making errors by my frantic typing. as I went through the names I was familiar with, none of them showed up. I finally type in my name, my stomach squeezing in anxiety.

"oh fuck thank god.." I said with a deep sigh.

fortunately for me, my name was not on the list. with this new information, I started thinking on what i could do. I place the computer to the side and started to pace the room, keeping my arms crossed in hopes to get ideas running.

"can I sell it online? give it to the police? no they wouldn't believe me. keep it secret? aww boo no there's no fun in that."

I blink away from my thoughts and my eyes burn, I probably forget to blink. whoops. I look back at my computer with the list open, then in a small flash, one of the names were colored in blood red.

another person was just killed.

i felt cold, someone was just killed in front of me. well not physically..digitally? It was so fast and random, I didn't have time to blink. I sat back down next to my computer and refreshed the page.

"shit this is a real deal..hm...-a deal!! OH MY FUCKING GOD IM A GENIUS" I suddenly yelled.

basically going back to the police idea, my plan was to use this list into my own personal needs.

'I could use this to get the police to do whatever I want-' I pause my thought.

I looked back at the list and scrolled all the way to the bottom. I wanted to test something. I stared at the bottom of the page before clicking below a name. a small line appeared and started blinking, indicating that I was editing it.

I can edit the list.

"I'M GONNA MAKE SOME MONEY!!"
- - - - - -

the wind hit me across the face as I walked towards my destination. It was still cold and nearing winter, my fingers were exposed as I held my computer in my arms. I squint my eyes and I continued to speed walk.