.7

ben had been trying to avoid the confrontation

he always wanted to and would sometimes be so close to asking EJ about that night he visited you, but he would either chicken out or something would come up. sometimes he just didn't know how to ask EJ without revealing his relation to you.

ben was sitting on the floor with his back against the couch. a controller in hand and eyes on the screen as he played call of duty, again. he was playing the same game for hours but couldn't bring himself to change the game because of the presence behind him reading a book.

he felt his nonexistent eyes watching him, as if he felt ben's tensed figure. ben was extremely uncomfortable and would forget to play and just stare off into the distance, contemplating what to do.

"ben." EJ's voice eventually came out calmly yet felt like a jump scare to ben. his body flinched a bit as he strictly kept his eyes forwards.

"I can tell your hiding something, involving me." he says as he closes the book and rests it in his lap. ben slowly turns around with his lips in a flat line. he opened his mouth for a second, no words until he tried to gather an excuse.

"uhh... what do you mean?" he asked, his red orbs looking everywhere but the masked figure.

"I can read you like a book ben." EJ sighs.

"you can't read, no eyes." ben quickly says, trying to annoy EJ out the conversation. he knew that if he had eyes, he would've rolled them.

"ben." EJ said with a more threatening voice and ben had nothing else to stop the conversation. he stayed silent trying to arrange his words carefully.

"have you ever met a vicitm...and like..not killed them but killed someone else instead? maybe their neighbor?" he tried to word while looking around as EJ's just blankly stared at him.

"oddly specific. but yes? in fact last night that happened...why?" he shifted in his seat towards the edge closer to ben.

"no reason no reason! just uh..curious.." He sat in silence for a second.

"okay and let's say that this person lives in college? has h/c hair and maybe this length?" he described using his hands to measure out the hair length. at this point ben knew he was being obvious but still continued to try.

EJ sat there just 'staring' at ben. he saw his attempt to ask question honestly sad and pathetic, he wasn't even trying at that point. he almost wanted to laugh. he began to think about the victim ben was describing.

he silently question his relation to them, after all pastas weren't supposed to interact with victims unless their intent was to kill them. it was an important rule to the mansion to prevent close relationships interfering with their work.

"how do you know this person?" EJ asked, not moving almost like a statue. ben let out a sigh and fumbled his words a little bit.

"uhh yknow, they are my victim and I saw that they were shaken up. figured someone in the mansion messed with them." he shrugged and looked back at the TV, finally changing into a different game. he relaxed a bit more, his excuse easing him a little bit.