The 104th

Our friend - our anonymous author - lost everything to the Titans. but, shipped out in a rescue vessel, the words of one young boy gave this soldier a new purpose. she and her friends took a vow of revenge on the titan and reclaim their hometown. so to fulfill this promise, Our friend as well as the other residents of Shiganshina District, Mei Aihara, Mikasa Ackerman, Armin Arlelt and Eren Jeager, joined the 104th cadet corps. in the year 847, two years after the Titans' attack.

.~.~. 

"You little!"
"Yes sir!"
"What do they call you?!"
"Armin Arlelt, from Shiganshina District!"
"I see! That's a ridiculous name! Did your parents give it to you?"
"My grandfather did, sir!"
"Arlelt! Why are you here?!"
"To help Humanity Achieve Victory!"
"That's wonderful to hear! We can feed you to the Titans!" instructor Keith Shadis said to the slightly terrified Armin then held the top of Armin's head "Third row! about face!" Armin along with his row of new soldiers turned around while he still doing the salute.

 Shadis moved to a light brown-haired boy "What do they call you?!"

"Jean Kirschtein, from Frost District!" said the boy doing the salute.

"And why are you here?!" Shadis noticed Jean sweating and hesitating to answer.

"... To join the Military Police Regiment and live in the interior" Jean said slightly smiling as he imagined himself living in the fanciest neighborhood in the interior. sitting on a balcony and sipping a top-shelf liquor while his wife playing with his kid- "Ack! "

"Who said you could sit?! If you can't handle this, you can forget about the Military Police!" Shadis said looking down at the kneeling Jean and started taking rounds at random recruits. then he moved to a raven-haired girl whose eyes were flowing with anger and determination.
 "What do they call you?!"

Mei didn't flinch and looked him dead in the eye. she did a firm salute before answering "Mei Aihara, from Shiganshina District"

'Mei...'  Yuzu thought taking a glance at her seeing her as calm and resolved as ever. 

Shadis got surprised at the posture of the girl and her demeanor "Aihara, is it? Another good-for-nothing name! What are you doing here, squirt?"

Mei stared at him, the image of the titan - which they heard was called the 'Armored Titan' - still fresh on her mind "I've come to kill the Armored Titan!"

Shadis almost smirked at the foolish yet brave goal "Is the so? setting your sights high, huh? Remember to mark your body so it's easier to identify your corpse!"

Yuzu gulped and started getting nervous. 'please don't ask me please don't ask me AAAAAAA'

it was not needed to do this to all the recruits. the rite of passage was to make them forget who they were and rise them from the breaking point into great soldiers. though it was random, most of them already reached the breaking point two years ago which got noticed by instructor Shadis by the look in their eyes. after trying one of them, he saw the sheer determination of revenge radiating from her eyes.

"Okay, cadet corps listen up! Right now, all you're good for is feeding the titan to slow them down! But we are gonna teach you how to fight the-" *CRUNCH* 

[this didn't happen in the game but got mentioned later I don't know why 🤔]

Shadis fell silent at the sound and turned to look at the source. a cadet eating a potato in the middle of the rite of passage. It was a war crime that no one did before. as he stared at her with the rest of the cadets with their mouths open, she did it again... *CRUNCH*
"You... what the fuck are you doing?" he said walking towards her.
the girl looked at him and looked at her sides as if she didn't know who he was talking to then she did it again. *CRUNCH*
"YOU! I'M TALKING TO YOU! WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!"