Chapter 19

I open my eyes. Where am I? I feel a lot of excruciating pain in my left arm. I look down and let out a yelp. It's covered in blood! I look around. A forest?! What the...

"Kasumi!" I hear somebody calling my name. I look up. Sasuke? Then a loud clapping-like noise struck the air. The ground shook, and we were soaked with water. Suddenly, I realize what's going on.

"Sasuke, how long was I out for?!" I shouted jolting myself up. He pauses for a minute thinking.

"Like ten or twenty minutes. Not long actually," he replies soon after. I nodded firmly. Gaara's fully transformed into the demon. Shukaku seems to be in total control of Gaara. Naruto is standing on a giant toad. I tear my attention off them. Right now, my concern should be healing myself and Sasuke, and also rescuing Sakura. I only have one hand for the mystic palm.

My wound isn't anything fatal. I begin healing myself. The pain relief feels so good. But if I heal the wound fully, I might not have enough chakra left for Sasuke. After a couple of minutes, I stop healing myself. The pain comes back, but it's not too bad. I jump up to Sasuke feeling my skin burn in antagonism.

"Don't worry, Sasuke. You'll be fine." I say reassuring him. He looks away feeling slight comfort towards her. Sasuke, what do I expect from him anyway? To be thankful? Yeah right.

"Tell me one thing though." I said more of a demand.

"What?"

"The mark on your neck, what is it? Is it a curse mark or something?" I ask

"Yeah, it's a curse mark." He says gritting his teeth. Damn. I don't know the first thing about a curse mark, let alone how to treat one.

"I see..." I muttered inaudibly as I continued to heal him at least. His chakra is almost all gone, but his injuries aren't too bad. I look over at Naruto and Gaara, and gasped a little. I don't know how it happened, but the toad that was there a couple of moments ago is now replaced by the nine-tailed fox. I try not focus on them. I need to finish healing Sasuke. That's the only way to get Sakura out of the sand grip. But with the curse mark doing as it pleases, it doesn't look like my medical nin-jutsu alone is going to be enough to get Sasuke back on his feet. Even so, I continue. I need to do my job as a medical ninja. Suddenly, I hear sand, and lots of it. I look back to find Shukaku crumbling away.

"G-Gaara...?" I whisper melancholy.

"Hm, looks like your boyfriend is dead." Sasuke gawked. How dare he? I'd better give him a piece of my mind.

"How DARE you?! For one, Gaara is my friend, not my boyfriend, as much as I hate to admit that. For second, Gaara won't die! Not like this. If he's injured, I'll heal him. I'm not going to let him die." I yelled furiously. My blood boiling tremendously. Sasuke looks at me, slightly surprised.

"But why? He hurt you, why do you want to help him?" He seemed rather taken back.

"I... I don't know, okay?! Let's just leave it at that!" I snapped at him; gnawing at him in anger.

"Alright, you should be fine. Stay here. I'm going to go check on Gaara and Naruto." I ordered and he didn't seem to reply but with a simple nod.

"Kasumi, you are a ninja of the Hidden Leaf now. The Sand Village shinobi attacked our village. They are enemies now. So if Gaara is hurt, you can't help him. He is your enemy." Sasuke spoken making me inhale deeply.

"You're wrong. Gaara isn't my enemy. Never was, and never will be."

"I repeat, he is a Sand shinobi. He was apart of the people who attacked the Hidden Leaf. No matter what you feel, you have to put your emotions aside and help the village you belong to." He repeated as I bit the inside of my cheek.