13

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, ❝𝑰𝒇 𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒐𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒅𝒊𝒑 𝒊𝒕 (𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒌) 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒕, 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆.❞

(Sahih al-Bukhari 3320)

"Where did you two go?" Zoya looked between her Dad and husband, suspiciously

"Jogging!"

"Gym!"

Her father and husband said two different things, simultaneously.

Zoya looked between the both amused before gasping, "Wow! Dad went to Gym?" Focusing her attention on her father, she growled, "Abdul Rehman Siddique, spill the truth right now!"

The two looked at each other shocked before grinning at the scary woman in front of them. Making sure his father-in-law has nothing to come with, Shyan expanded his words, "Noor, we're not lying." He sighed when his wife loured at him, "Don't you believe me?" He couldn't help but blink in disbelief when his wife shook her head in a flat no, "Noor, why would we even lie to you? I went to gym and Uncle wished to join. He jogged on the treadmill while I did my workout."

Zoya raised her brows, looking at them from top to bottom, "In this?"

Her father faked a laugh, "Why are you interrogating us like this? Are we criminals?"

Shyan joined him in the laugh.

Looking between the two, she scoffed, "You two became friends pretty quick!" Glaring at the wavering smile of her father, she said with determination, "Don't be too happy, I will find your little secret soon."

Her father stood there silent as she left both of them there. He and Shyan exchanged glances. Noticing the pressure building up in Shyan's eyes, he said, "Don't even think of telling her! You promised!"

The latter scowled, They have the right to know. Taking a small packet from his pocket, he threatened, "Don't even think of skipping these pills!"

"These medicines make me old!"

"Its better than dying, I guess." Shyan was serious.

Rehman sighed, "I don't want to die either."

"So be a good boy and take your medicines. I'm telling you now because I cannot call you at night for your daughter will be there." Shyan explained.

His Father-in-law nodded, "Yes, Dad!"