22

❝𝑯𝒆(𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒉) 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖.❞

(Surah Al-Anfal:70)

"I don't have all the time in the world!" Aiman stared icily at her ex

"I don't have all the time in the world!" Aiman stared icily at her ex. They had been looking at each other wordlessly for 20 minutes. The silence and the tension in the air took her back to the day she ended their relationship with him. Everything was the same- the tension, pressure and that alacritous heartbeat. The only difference was in the roles. If it was her who was reluctant in the past, this time it was him. His clenched fists, the down casted head and those sweat beads on his forehead which he was constantly wiping off. Man, This is peace! She thought to enjoy the moment till it last. After all, it is not an everyday thing where a self-centered man like Shyan Raees Ahmed gets nervous around you.

Shyan inhaled deeply, "I learnt about your mother, yesterday. I didn't know about her illne-"

"Nothing much to know there, actually. She died!" She shrugged, acting casual.

He tried again, "I didn't know about her illness, trust me." He waited for her to snap but she didn't. So, he chose to continue, "I didn't know that you were forced to marry Asf-"

She clicked her tongue, "Who told you that? I agreed to marry my husband on my full conscience."

"I know you tried to reach me before forming a decision, Aiman. Your calls didn't reach me because my phone was broken-"

"Like your ego," she sneered. Watching him taking a defeated sigh, she urged him, "Continue."

"I messed us and I want to fix it."

Her brows rose up, listening to his statement, "Can I know how you plan on doing that?"

Wetting his lower lip, he looked up, "Since Asfandyar and you're not in a talking term, you can apply for divorce now for I'll be there for you."

Amused by his idea, she queried, "What about Zoya then? She is your legally wed wife. Did you forget that?"

"Our divorce was supposed to happen anyway. It'll be good if it does sooner," he spoke, unconcerned.

"From what are you made, Shyan?" Aiman looked at him stupefied, "I've never seen someone who is as low-minded as you. If my intuition is right, you're not that man for whom I fell. Yes, he was arrogant, bratty, self-centered and more on but he had a heart." She let the façade slide, reflecting the hatred he injected in her. "This man in front of me does not have a heart!"

"Aiman, I love you. You know that and I'm ready to do anything to prove it." He assured her.

"It is the same love which made you wrong me! You stained my character, you broke my trust, you married another woman who is utterly clueless of what's going behind her, for your so called love. Is this how your love works, Shyan? You made fun of my love and you expect me to come back to you?"