27

Target: 50 votes and 20 comments.

⚠️I won't be updating until the target is completed.⚠️

゚☆゚.*・◕.♡。゚✿ °

Verily, along with every hardship is relief.

(Surah Ash Sharh:06)

゚☆゚.*・◕.♡。゚✿ °

"Sir, are you okay?" Hania's voice was soft, tinged with concern. She stood at his desk, clutching a file to her chest.

Shyan looked up, startled by her presence. Did she just express concern for him? He quickly masked his emotions, replying dismissively, "Yeah." His voice was barely a whisper, as if he was trying to convince himself more than her.

Hania hesitated, then nodded. "Okay. If you need any help, let me know."

An idea sparked in Shyan's mind. He cleared his throat, trying to sound more authoritative, "You has a new project."

She probed uncertain of the burden that was about to be dropped on her shoulder, "What is it, sir?"

"become friends with my wife," he commanded leaving the latter in absolute shock as he continued, "upon the successful completion of the project, you'll get your salary hike by 30%"

The latter was perplexed at the attractive offer - the boss who never gave a damn when his employees where going on a protest to increase their salary by 3% offered to increase her salary by 30%. 30%!!! is that all? Just befriend his wife? She didn't know why she asked but the words slipped from her tongue even before it could completely appear on her mind, "And what if I couldn't complete the project?" if the completion of such a mere thing could earn her this much, definitely her failure could cost her much too.

He leant to his chair at her question. She watched his Adam apple bobbing before connecting their gaze as he spoke, "You'll be fired."

Her pupils dilated at his answer. What the-! He is a psychopath! She kept cursing at him in her mind, imagining different ways to disappear him from the Earth without any trace. Did she really feel concerned for this dude? She couldn't believe herself. Nothing would have happened if she could put the kindness in her to sleep but no she had to be the best employee who cares for the mental health of her boss. Darn her!

Glancing at her rigid posture, he moved his index and middle fingers together, "You can leave, now." As she turned to leave, Shyan watched how her palms were curling into a tight fist, expressing the anger she was trying to control. He knew he went beyond the line when he came up with the firing clause, he didn't want to be like that. He didn't want to mix professional and personal life but he had to save his marriage and the only solution he found for his problem was Hania who does her each project beyond perfection.