25

❝ 𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒔 𝑨𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒉 𝒎𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖.❞

"Where is my wife?" Shyan's fingers were clicking against the desk constantly as he looked at the constable

"Where is my wife?" Shyan's fingers were clicking against the desk constantly as he looked at the constable. He glared into the drowsy eyes which were slowly shutting down and slammed his hand on the desk, jolting the latter out of his weariness.

Before the frightened man could answer, Abdul-Rehman Siddiqui interfered, "Leave him!"

Shyan's restless grey eyes narrowed as confusion engulfed them. What the hell is his father-in-law doing in the police station at the early morning. He looked outside through the window. It was still dark outside; the sun was yet to rise. He eyed his father-in-law, "What are you doing here, Uncle?"

"Where is Zoya?" Abdul-Rehman locked his eyes with Shyan's, making it difficult for the latter to come up with a lie.

The pair of grey eyes lowered to the ground as a lump formed in his throat, Does that mean Zoya is not here! Where the hell did she go then?

"You said you will take care of her," Abdul-Rehman growled, taking a step forward. Grabbing the young man's collar, he snarled, "Where is my daughter?"

"She climbed down from the balcony. She didn't leave a clue of where she went," Shyan gritted his teeth. It was embarrassing that he didn't know where his wife went. When he was leaving the house, he was certain she'll either be on the police station or at her Dad's home. Since her father was the one asking about her whereabouts, the chances of her being in his home was very low. The fact he met her father in the police station also reduced the chance of her being in there. The embarrassment washed off him as dangerous thoughts jammed his mind. Did someone kidnap her? He ran his hand through his messy hair, tensed, recalling his rivals. Who could it be?

"With that sling?" Abdul-Rehman cut his thoughts.

"Yes!" He mumbled. Even if she climbed the balcony down on her own, there were possibilities of her being kidnapped taking the fact she didn't reach her Dad or came to see Zayn. He shuddered at the thoughts of his enemies hurting her. Why are you such a trouble magnet, Zoya?

"So predictable of her!" Abdul-Rehman sighed. His grasp on the young man's collar tightened on its own as he watched the pair of guilty eyes admiring the ground beneath him, "Why are you here then? To file a missing complaint?"

"I thought she came here to see Zayn," Shyan mumbled, fisting his hands at the name of the boy who hurt his wife. Yesterday, he was planning to see the rascal today for he thought his wife needed his care that day. For the moment, the urge raising in him to knock the living daylight out of the boy was violent.

"Why would you think so?"

"Because she is Zoya!"

"Good." Abdul-Rehman smiled and left Shyan's collar. After straightening the wrinkles on the latter's shirt caused by him, he walked ahead like nothing happened, "Follow me!"