Chapter 17

“That was the footage captured on the surveillance cameras” Aizawa said, eyebags under his eyes.

“Please show me all the footage of Raye Penber at the station” L requested eating ice cream.

Matsuda who had even darker circles under his eyes starts reading to L, “he enters the ticket gate of shinjuku Station at 3:11. He rides the Yamanote line at 3:13. Even if he was following someone, it would be difficult to get anything from this blurry video. At 4:42 he gets off and dies at the Tokyo station platform”.

Watari started handing ice cream out to everyone.

Mr detective took the ice cream from Watari and gave his thanks, “Y/n would really like his” He muttered. His thoughts were interrupted by L figuring out something.

“Judging by this footage, Raye had be riding the Yamanote line for an hour and a half but it only takes an hour and that envelope is strange”. He rewinds the footage so everyone can see the envelope, “He’s holding an envelope as he enters the ticket gate and reaches the platform......”

“......but when he comes out, its gone” Mr detective continued.

“It looks as if he’s trying to look inside the train. It would be interesting if kira was there, but I doubt. It would be weird for someone who commits murders at a distance to come the crime scene”.

~At the Yagami Residence~

Light had been writing criminals’ names nonstop for four days. He was setting up death schedules months ahead. Ryuk was pestering him about it.

“In case something happens to me” He put out, “people would say, ‘as soon as this or that happened to the chief’s son, criminals have stopped dying’”

~At L’s Hotel room~ (here we go with the switching.....)

“Ryuzaki, Ukita at the NPA received a phone call his concerned about” Watari informed.

L gave Watari instructions concerning the matter, he also told Matsuda to turn on his phone. As soon as the phone rang he took it.

He ended the phone call, “Misora Naomi has been missing since the death of her fiancée”

“Anyone would be depressed after the death of a fiancé” Matsuda commented. “maybe suicide?”

“No, she wouldn’t do that. She would be thinking of catching Kira. She was with Penber and might have found a clue.”

“Did Kira get to her first” He thought.

“Everyone, from now on we’ll focus on the people Raye Penber was investing while in Japan”. L informed, “he was investigating The Kitamuras, The Yagamis and the L/ns. And I wish to place wires and cameras in the households”

All the detectives were not pleased with this, the rejected the idea saying it was too much and they could all be fired.

“Ryuzaki, what is the percentage kira is among them?” Soichiro asked.

“Ten........no five percent” He answered.

The detective stood up clearly irritated by how low L would stoop, “All of that for a five percent possibility?!?! You have to be joking”

Soichiro disagreed, “Even if it’s one percent we cannot leave any stones unturned. You can place them, even in the bathroom”

“What are you talking about?! You have a wife and a daughter?” Matsuda yelled.

The detective laughed shaking his head “Yagami is clearly out of his mind, you’re not putting any cameras in the bathrooms of the L/n household”.

“I don’t have to connect them to you, I’ll connect them to the Yagamis since they’re quite close” L retorted “As far as I am concerned when have you last had an actual conversation with any of them?”