Chapter 20

A big gust of wind hit the crowds of people leaving the building. A smile was plastered on each person's face as they talked with their friends and family about the show. 

It was a new experience for Alexander, but he enjoyed every moment. Marley had shown him some incredible things he would have never seen before. It was a fun day the dark-haired man wouldn't forget.

"How was that?" Marley grinned as they settled in the car. 

"Amazing," Alexander smiled. "I had a good time. Thank you for inviting me." 

The golden-haired man leant back in his seat, staring into Alexander's eyes. "I enjoyed every second of it too. I should be thanking you, however. You bought the tickets."

"It's no problem, Marley."

After a few minutes of discussing the show, Marley started the vehicle, and they drove home. "I hope Shai behaved well," the blue-eyed man began as the two hopped out of the car.

"Yeah, she can be a handful sometimes," Alexander added.

Marley jammed his key in the front door, unlocking it slowly. "Hello," Marley whispered.

Amara smiled as the two walked inside. "Hey, welcome back! How was it?"

"Incredible!" Marley exclaimed as he plopped on the couch. "It was one of the best shows I've been to!"

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves," Amara beamed. "Shai's asleep by the way, so don't be loud when you go back into your room."

"Thanks, you two," Marley grinned. "I'm happy you offered to look after her."

"No problem, friend," Carter patted him on the back. "Well, we should be going."

Marley walked them outside, waving as they drove out of the driveway. After, he walked back indoors and went to his bedroom to find Alexander and himself some clothes for the night.

When they were both dressed, Marley brought his laptop and placed it on the bed. He patted a spot beside him for Alexander. "Want to watch something?" the golden-haired man smiled.

"What about Shai?"

"I have earphones we can use."

Alexander sat beside his friend, watching him select a movie. He plugged in the earphones, giving the left one to the dark-haired man. "Does this look good?" Marley whispered.

The brown-eyed man nodded, leaning back to get more comfortable. It was an exciting film, but that didn't stop Alexander's eyes from fluttering shut. It was late, and he sat in a comfortable bed. He couldn't help but fall asleep. 

Marley felt a wave of tiredness too, but he was determined to watch the movie. "Do you want to-" a head fell onto his shoulder, interrupting him. Marley smiled at his peaceful friend, which made his heart race. 

He shut the laptop and carefully removed Alexander's earphone without waking him. Marley removed the brown-eyed man's glasses, placing them on the bedside table. 

Unfortunately, Alexander lay on top of the covers, so Marley had to gently pull them over his body. He then switched the lights off and for into bed himself. The dark-haired man's head lay on Marley's shoulder, and it unexpectedly moved to his chest.

Marley's face flushed, following twists in his stomach. How am I supposed to sleep? An arm wrapped around his back, making his heart beat faster. "Marley..." Alexander mumbled, pressing his head against his friend's chest even more. 

The blue-eyed man smiled lovingly, putting his arm around Alexander and the other held his hand. Am I being selfish? Is it selfish to hold him like this?  He's my friend—a straight one of that. But I don't want to let go. I want to hold him forever.