Chapter 2: Foreshadowing

On September 9th, 2001 (2 days off 🤯) and July 4th, 2014, Cocoa Beach and the local area experienced power outages which severly impeded the Thunder Science Co. facility in very bad ways.

In the 2001 Incident, the generators were barely able to keep the subjects inside the building, which was around 250 now because of additional imports from Poland by air.  The dark "latexes" as they called them, were almost able to escape out of the front enterance, but were stopped by a make shift barricade by staff. The Cocoa Beach Police Department assisted in the cleanup of the facility and an inevitable safety review was conducted by the proper officals.
It was elected that the building was not up the Potentially Dangerous Subjects Handeling Policy (PDSHP) and the facility had its subjects temporarily exported to Dallas, Texas (The largest one) as changes to the building were made. They barely helped change anything, but now some walkways had hand rails, I guess. Lack of major changes was caused by the thing two days later. One major change was the increase of weight and change fron sliding to vertical doors that would be much harder to open in an outage. It didnt help, of course, but it felt safer.

In the 2015 incident, nothing close to it happened, yet a power outage caused the aqautic divisions WTD to breach and lead to two water tanks mixing species of "latexes" which caused some complications for the facility from higher ups in the company.

"The higher ups, man, I wonder if they ever cared at all. They were the ones with the brillant idea for terrible generators and to have DOORS from tank to tank that would NEVER realistically need to be opened. Seriously, who put those there?"