8. 𝘢𝘪𝘥

The physical being of Ti'riye was being carried away by the concerned members of the community. Neteyam's distressed cries for help echoed through the vicinity, causing his loved ones to instantly respond to the desperate situation. Despite their familiarity with his voice, Ti'riye lay inert, her once vibrant body now bereft of life and exuding an unearthly coldness. Neteyam, was overtaken by fear for the first time in his life, this dire moment was a result of the traumatic event that had occurred back at home, the very reason they had sought refuge in this place. His thoughts consumed by the need to revive Ti'riye and bring back the twinkle to her lifeless eyes. As he worked to revive her, Neteyam was resolute in his mission to bring back the warmth and life to Ti'riye's body.

Jake and Neytiri had brought the girl, Ti'riye, to the attention of the Tsahik, Ronal. Upon encountering Ti'riye, Ronal was struck by the severity of the situation and was filled with shock and devastation. Her eyes widened in disbelief as she gazed upon Ti'riye's lifeless form. Despite the tensions and conflicts that existed between Ronal and Ti'riye, she still held affection for her and was deeply affected by the tragedy that had befallen her. In this moment of crisis, Ronal's compassion and care for Ti'riye shone through, putting aside any differences they may have had.

Neteyam was unwavering in his resolve to remain by Ti'riye's side, ignoring the advice of his parents to step back. Despite the potential danger, he refused to abandon her. However, he was informed that the Tsahik had to perform the ritual alone if there was to be any chance of reviving Ti'riye. Reluctantly, Neteyam stepped away from her side, but he was consumed with worry and fear as he waited outside. He felt a deep sense of guilt, lamenting the fact that he had ever left Ti'riye's side and wondering how this tragedy could have occurred.

"Bring me my materials!" Ronal shouted to one of the attendants, who hastened to comply with her request. Upon obtaining her tools, she immediately commenced the ritual, speaking soft whispers of incantations, seeking the mercy and aid of Eywa for Ti'riye. She implored the Great Mother to provide refuge for the girl and prevent her from passing on. With swift precision, Ronal administered the ritual, inserting the needles into Ti'riye's body in accordance with the ancient customs. The solemnity of the moment was palpable, as Ronal tirelessly worked to bring Ti'riye back to life.

"Oeyä ma Eywa," Ronal intoned in a rhythmic chant, her hands hovering above Ti'riye's form. "Rä'ä tung peya emza'u," she repeated, breaking dried herbs over the girl's body. The words of the ritual echoed in the room as Ronal repeated the incantations, her unwavering focus directed towards the task of reviving Ti'riye. The solemnity of the moment was heightened by Ronal's devoted performance of the ritual, as she sought the intervention of Eywa in bringing back life to the lifeless body.

To increase the chances of Ti'riye's revival, Neytiri joined forces with Ronal in performing the ritual, repeating the words of the Tsahik. By combining their efforts and invoking the power of Eywa, they sought to ensure the successful completion of the ritual.

As the ritual reached its conclusion, Ronal gazed down at Ti'riye with intense scrutiny, searching for any signs of life. Despite the prolonged stillness of the body, Ronal remained undaunted, her hand pressing firmly against Ti'riye's chest. Suddenly, a flicker of hope appeared, as a faint heartbeat was detected. Ronal's eyes widened, realizing that her efforts and the power of Eywa had not been in vain. The moment was charged with emotion, as Ronal's tireless work had seemingly brought Ti'riye back from the brink of death.

"Eywa has granted her return," Ronal declared as she looked up at Neytiri, confirming that Ti'riye was indeed alive. Neytiri nodded in agreement, understanding the gravity of the situation. "But she must rest, her body is still weak. Her eyes may open, but it will take time," Ronal continued, emphasizing the need for caution. "Inform the boy," she added, giving Neytiri the task of breaking the news to Neteyam.