Soul mates

I just came up with this all of a sudden, enjoy!    The cover I found through google images.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soul mate

A person with whom you have an immediate connection the moment you meet -- a connection so strong that you are drawn to them in a way you have never experienced before.

Interesting indeed. I kept reading its definition and concluded that all of the stories my mother had told me about how she met father, if this dictionary is legitimate, were very true. An immediate connection? It's possible, I guess. I closed the old dusty leather dictionary and cupped my face thinking about the information I gathered. A yawned escaped my lips, I looked down and admired the  weathered cover. It's in a delicate state, it's a wonder how it did not fell apart when I opened it. I lightly traced my fingers on the intricate swirls that covered it, later dusting my hands on my silky white robe; I gripped my robe remembering why I decided to wear it, I stood up immediately making the library be filled with the echoes of the screeching sound of my chair after scratching against the white marbled floor. I was suppose to deliver a message to the King of Asgard, but got lost in the never-ending hallways of his kingdom and found this grandiose library.

"A map would have been nice" I sighed grabbing the book with caution and settling it where I found it. I'll definitely get a scolding from mother.

I look hesitantly at the window taking notice the sun making his retreat. I hurried to the doors and shut them as quietly as I could,  retreating slowly not wanting to continue what I was sent for and leaving behind a haven. I turned around and swiftly ran to where I should have been, but not much time had passed to notice I was lost again. Oh, instead of searching for the meaning of that word, I should have search for a layout of this place. I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples frustrated at the situation, if mother wasn't so sick I wouldn't have been here lost, I wouldn't had to leave my midgardians without my protection. Of course I chose someone to take my place for the time I would be gone, but I feel uneasy. I sighed for the hundredth time that day, I hope mother recovers soon; I'm not fit to be a messenger and certainty not the All father's messenger.

Even in the process of drowning myself of my utter failure at this new not wanted job, I picked up a scent. I inhaled the wondrous fragrance of who knows what and followed it convinced that it was too late to report to the King. My worries were washed away taking in its place an excitement I haven't felt before. I notice the golden decorated and covered walls of the kingdom shone with more brilliance as I advance to the direction of that aroma until I stood in front of a tall golden, as well, diamond embellished entrance.  I heard chatter from inside and recognized the rambunctious laughter of the God of Thunder. I must be in the throne room,  I pouted; I guess I'll relay the message after all. I straighten my posture and lifted my fist to knock, but the door had already slightly opened letting me hear the command of King Odin.

"Come in"

I tucked my wings and willed my glowing halo around my neck and materialized it into a delicate necklace. I pushed the door open and stepped inside taking in my surroundings, mother's descriptions were very accurate, it's just like she describe them to me. I felt proud that I didn't seem to be overpowered by even the air of the room, everything seem to give off power but I held my head high not wanting to disappoint the All Father that was watching me intently probably testing me if I was capable of even being in his presence.

I stood in front of him and bowed, staying there until he felt to acknowledge me which he did rather quickly making me fight off a smile that wanted to show.