Don't read my mind

I widen my eyes a bit, so he did read my mind? Wait...he knows about soul mates? He should I mean, why would he hug me if he didn't? On a somewhat related note, he smells amazing, I started to smile but stopped and frowned hold on, how do I smell? 

Just as I started to drift to my own little place, I felt his arms lose their grip, but now he held me on the sides. From the abrupt movement, I closed my eyes knowingly; he's reading my mind still, isn't he.

I glanced sideways to find him resting his chin on my shoulder, his eyes were closed, but he had this lopsided grin which I wanted to wipe off his face...with my lips.

I closed my eyes again please let him not hear that!

"You know, your scent is the most intoxicating aroma I had ever come across"

I knew my face was red from embarrassment, the way those words were said made my body shiver involuntary. I peeked a glance at him to find him staring at me and if I'm guessing right, enjoying my reaction.

We kept staring at each other, and I took the time to really look at him. He's features were perfect and not even a statue made from the most skilled sculptor in all the skies could compete with him and the emerald gems he had as eyes now glowed with curiosity and...relief? Why are you making that expression? But before I could even comment on it he spoke.

"Vanilla"

I raised an eyebrow and cocked my head to the side. "Excuse me?"

He smiled gently and spoke slowly and clearly, as if I was a toddler. "Your scent is of sweet vanilla, Kára"

"Oh" I didn't know how to respond Thank you? I looked at him and he was smiling teasingly now, my eyes widen.

"Oh!"

He was answering my question before...the one I was thinking about, so that means, I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I can answer all of your questions, if you like or would you like to wipe this grin on my face?"

I was so embarrassed at that point that I could not hold on some of my power to keep my halo as a necklace, so all of a sudden I had my halo on top of my head glowing and as I watched Loki's expression turning to be an amused one, its glowed intensified.

I got out of his embrace and stood in front of him, I thought of running out of here but the door seemed much too far away than it was before and decided against it. I felt awkward and embarrassed at such an extent that I couldn't even look at him in the eyes anymore, so I focused and became very interested on the marbled floor.

My black wavy hair covered my face a bit and I couldn't glance up to see how was Loki dealing with all of this, better yet how was I dealing with all of this? He tried to destroy the home of my midgardians, the very beings I've dedicated my whole existence to and I wasn't even angry, not a slightest bit. I rolled my eyes I'm a guardian angel, part of my job is to forgive! For the stars and skies sake, I already have.

I lifted my head and gaze at him, he was still staring at me but he wasn't wearing the expression he had before, instead he had a scared one. I raised my brows worriedly and decided to speak.

"We should talk" I wanted to sound confident, but instead it came out as a whisper. He still had that scared expression and all I wanted was to ease anything that made him to have that look.

I cleared my throat "I mean, if you want we could talk..."

"Brother! Father has summon for your presence."