o. Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Chapter Zero, Real Life

Flashback / Late 2022

    "Can we talk?"

    It was midnight. Arabella was getting her beauty sleep until she was awakened by a soft knock on her apartment door and it was no surprise to her when she opened her apartment door that she was face-to-face with a guilty and exhausted Paige Bueckers.

    It's been a few months since Paige tore her ACL least to say it has been a challenge for the girl not playing the sport that she loved and was born to do, it frustrated her not being able to help her teammates on the court or being able to do the simple things that she used to do. For those months, Bella has been helping her with anything she needed including: helping her when she had a breakdown when she needed something to eat, or even when she needed someone to talk to.  

    Paige had so much pressure on her shoulders, that she felt that she failed as a player and as a person. Arabella was always there, so it was easy to take her anger out on her.

    And that's exactly what she did.

    She got mad at herself and started pushing away the one person that she trusted most. Paige by any means didn't mean any words that she said and the exact moment that those words came out of her mouth, she immediately regretted it.

    She spent all night thinking about it. Replaying the scenario in her head over and over again, the guilt keeping her awake. That's how she ended up in front of her best friend's apartment door wearing a white hoodie with gray sweatpants, gripping her clutches, her hair in a messy low bun, ignoring the pain in her knee.  

    Arabella just nodded her words, just wanting her to come in, knowing that she was still experiencing excruciating pain in her knee helping her come inside the cookie-scented apartment.

    Paige seated herself on the comfortable white couch with the help of Arabella placing the blonde girl's clutches beside the arm of the couch.

    Paige took this time to admire Bella. Arabella's curly hair was extremely messy due to the fact that she moves a lot when she sleeps, she has some crust in her eyes she's had a silk pink nightgown that complemented her caramel skin that was glowing from the lamp that she turned on.

    Has she always been this pretty? 

    Arabella asked after letting out a yawn, "What do you want to talk about this early in the morning?" she sat down beside the blonde, rubbing her eyes trying to wake herself up.

    Paige looks away from her and glances at her hands that are fidgeting with each other, "Um I-I just wanted to apologize for earlier," Paige's voice cracks and Bella gives her a reassuring smile.

    "P, it's fine you were upset,"

     Page sighs rubbing her hands over her face, "But it's not. You have been nothing but kind and patient to me. Just because I was angry doesn't give me an excuse to be a bitch when you were just trying to help." Arabella nods agreeing with the blondie's words.

   "I'm sorry b," Paige asked with teary eyes as Arabella's brown eyes looked at her with sympathy, Bella moved closer to Paige to try to soothe her.

    Arabella speaks up gently, wiping away the tears from her rosy cheeks, "Hey, it's fine p. Don't worry about it. I forgive you." Paige placed her head on Arabella's shoulder and the brown-eyed girl laid her head on top of Pagie's while rubbing the injured basketball player's back softly.

     There was a moment of silence before Arabella mumbled, "You're going to get better p, I promise. We will go through this together, you hear me?"

    "Together?"

    "Together."

    Paige sniffled, "Thank you, for everything honestly I wouldn't know what I'll to do without you"

    Arabella smiled at her, "Are you hungry?"

    Paige chuckles at the sudden question, making Arabella's heart flutter. "What are you making Chef Bella?" Arabella hums getting up from their comfortable position on the couch and walks towards the kitchen as she answers the question.

    "I made chocolate chip cookies last night, want some?" Arabella pulls a plastic container, filled with cookies from the fridge.

    "Bro, what type of question is that duh."

    "Well with that attitude, I won't give you shit."

Authors note.     This is probably the shortest chapter I have ever written, but this is more like a filter of how their relationship is like. Honestly I wouldn't even count this as chapter, but the next one is definitely going to be longer.

This has me dyinggggg