ii. Ocean Eyes.

Chapter Two, Real Life

Present Time / June 2023

    The satisfying squeaking of shoes against the floor and the sound of cameras snapping as media girls and photographers were taking pictures was like music to Arabella's ears. She stands next to Geno Auriemma, the Head Coach of the team with her arms crossed over her chest.

    The girls have been practicing more than ever during their time off since new season doesn't start for a few months. But coach wasn't to be more prepared than anything especially since for the past few years the girls have been handling injuries after injuries and hit after hit in the last few seasons.

    Therefore this year the team have been trying to do everything they can do to prevent it from happening again, but no one can predict the future unfortunately.

    The girl have been practicing for the last two hours, they were exhausted and drenched in sweat. Arabella was yelling encouraging words to them, but also correcting them when did something wrong against their opponent.

    Might as well add coaching assistant to her résumé.

    Coach Geno loved when Arabella was in practice or anywhere with them for that matter. She was exceptionally good at her job, it also helps that she used to be a basketball player and a volleyball player so she gives amazing advice on court whatever they needed it. She also happens to be amazing person as well.

    Geno genuinely doesn't know what to do without her once she's gone.

   "Water break!" The coach announced, all of the girls sigh in relief walking over to Arabella and the assistant coach, Jamelle Elliott they were passing their gatorade, water bottles.

    They had a five minute break then they went back to practice for 30 minutes and coach decided to call it a day.

    The indoor basketball court was basically empty when she decided to leave along with the staff and walked over to get get her bag that was on the bleachers.

    Arabella can already envision how her day is going to go, she's gonna take her nice warm bath, read over some lines and probably eat some cookie dough ice cream—

    "Bella!"

    Paige's voice echoes amongst the basketball courts walls as she lightly jogged over to Bella, causing the Puerto Rican to turn around at the sound.

    Paige was fully changed out of her sticky and sweaty clothes and changed into a Uconn Black T-shirt with a black Nike jacket along with white sweatpants that matched with Nike sneakers, her hair was in a messy low bun and her cheeks slightly pink from practice.  

    Bella couldn't help but to think that she looked...very good.

     Arabella sighs, grabbing her bag from the bleachers, placing the black bag strap over her shoulder, "How can I help you miss buckets?" Bella teases glancing up at the taller girl.