Chapter 1

Izuku's POV

"Okay, I got her favorite chocolate, tea, and flowers. Now I just need to confess without stuttering. It should be easy, right?"

I was walking in the hallway of UA, with valentine gifts for Momo, my childhood friend. We couldn't be more different if we tried. She was the heiress of the Yaoyorozu empire and I was just some middle class guy. It was a wonder that we even knew each other, it's only thanks to our Moms being childhood friends that we even know each other.

It was a surprise back when we met, only being six years old and playing innocently in the sandbox. At that time it was already two years since I played with someone. Even after I said I was quirkless, she wanted to play with me. And then our Moms met each other again, thanks to us. They were happy that they found each other again, since Momo's Mom, Auntie Morina, needed to move when they hit middle school. She and Mom tried to hold contact but somehow it broke. Now they were happy to spend time as friends again.

Momo was also the first person to ever tell me that I could be a hero even without a quirk, something Mom didn't even say. She also asked her Mom and Dad if I could also train with her teachers for UA. And since then I was under the care of her martial arts trainers, they were impressed with my drive and goal. Auntie and Uncle were also always nice to me, Uncle and I would sometimes even have days where we did guy stuff.

Although the bullying never stopped, and I never told Momo about it. Uncle and Auntie found out, they were distraught and wanted to go against it with legal force. But I begged them not to, it would have only made it worse down the line. They were not happy with that, but relented. As we grew older, I began to fall in love with Momo. And yet I never confessed, I was always afraid to. But this year is different, we are in our second year of UA University.

She had faced villains multiple times already, with her class 1-A now 2-A. I wasn't on good terms with most of them. They hated me for being associated with Momo, because I was quirkless and in the general course. And because of those villain attacks, I was afraid I would never get to say my feelings to her. So, I gathered my courage for this day and prepared meticulously for it. I was also determined to win the sports festival this year. Last year Shinso and I teamed up and made it into the third round. But sadly enough, in the first match we had bad matchups. Shinso had Todoroki and I was stuck with Bakugo, which was unfortunate.

I saw Momo walking down the hallway with a slightly increased pace, then round a corner to disappear from my sight. Quickening my pace, I was about to round the corner and call her.

"PLEASE BE MY VALENTINE, TODOROKI!"

Freezing in place, I listened from around the corner.

"I would love to, Yaoyorozu."

"Really? Thank you so much!"

Placing my back to the wall, I felt silent tears roll down my cheeks. My resolve was for nothing, she never saw me like I did her. Quietly and carefully, I made my way from there since I didn't want to hear more. As I walk into the dorms, my classmates greet me but as soon as they see my face they begin to worry. Asking if I was alright, and I replied with yeah, but I saw them not believing it. Walking up the stairs to my room, I feel myself beginning to shake. So, I quickly vanish within my room and lock it.

Throwing my gifts into the trash bin, they were useless now. I collapse onto my bed and then the dam breaks. Letting go of all my sorrow into the pillow, my final hope was gone. The hope that held me above water for so long, died out and vanished in the wind. I closed my eyes and simply wanted it to stop.

"Huh, so she rejected you without knowing. Poor you, Izuku."

Opening my eyes, I find myself in a familiar space. A void with nothing in it, except one part being blocked by bars and the two egyptian blue eyes looking at me. The person that they belong to, was chained by golden chains.