Prologue

If she had known death would be this judgemental to her, Morning Glory wished she hadn't been so careless to neglect her health instead.

She still felt cold even as her mate pressed against her, his head atop hers with a touch gentler than a butterfly.

The guardians of both the Land Of Darkness and the Tribe Of Shining Suns, Life and Death, had judged her severely for her crimes of turning on her daughter. In the end, she was lucky that Life had allowed her into the Tribe Of Shining Suns.

She had been under the influence of a cruel cat who tore apart relationships for her to get all the power that she desired, yet Death had sneered that no mother would believe another cat over her own child.

She and Cedar Strike had died when the tribe went through a period of time where prey was scarce, and not wanted to bother the other three tribes, they hadn't asked for help.

A good queen and king would give their prey to the weaker cats to enable a better chance of survival, she had reasoned, and thus neglected her health as she fed the kits and elders of the Tribe Of The Blooming Valley, while she slowly starved herself and caught sickness.

Now as she sat by the starry pool watching her beloved children lead the tribe she loved so dear with her mate, brother and deceased kit by her side, her eyes glimmered with forming tears of pride and sadness.

"Go forth, my precious hatchlings," she whispered softly. "I will see you all one day. My brave hatchlings, I love you."