5

5. New Message Sent

Jisoo sat quietly. They finally sort things out.

She sat awkwardly, and very embarrassed as it dawned on her that she is not the person Taehyung thought he was talking to.

"Oh my..." Jennie said not believing how  things came to be.

"If we think about it.." Doyoung said trying to ease Jisoo's dire state, "this is a good drama plot."

"Eekkk I knowww!!! I'm like, these two are too cute already.. look how shy they are to each other.. ahhh" Jennie squelled. "This type of romance is killing me!"

Jisoo looked horrified at Jennie. Is she listening? Taehyung thought he was texting Jennie.. it was Jennie, NOT HER, that he was trying to reach.

And he never knew of her existence until now.

The worst part is, she was happy thinking he actually was interested on her.

The cringe. She felt so stupid and she just wants to disappear right now.

"Ahahaha I was thinking its more of a mystery type of drama.." Doyoung tried to calm Jennie down because Jisoo is not looking too good. His poor friend.

Taehyung cleared his throat, "well, its good that things got sorted out."

He was blushing. Clearly, he looks too happy.

"T-then, we'll leave first." Jisoo said trying to keep her voice calm.

"Why???" Taehyung and Jennie asked at the same time.

"Um.. because, you guys have things to talk about?" Jisoo said to Jennie, barely looking at Taehyung. She stands up to leave.

Jennie looked at Taehyung, "er not really.. besides, this is our study date.. I'll go too if you go.."

"What?!" Taehyung's brain could not have worked faster than this moment, "Wait up, why are you all going away??"

"If this is a study date, then I'm part of the group." Taehyung said, "I agree on tutoring Jennie last time."

"Oh yeah.." Jennie said with a smile.

Jisoo's eyes widen. "Oh, then you two go study.. I um.."

"Noo.. Jisoo.. we just became friends.." Jennie said, "I just became part of the people who calls you Soyah.. do you not like me???"

"That's not it.." Jisoo said, she didnt want Jennie to feel bad.

"I want to call Jisoo, Soyah too!!" Taehyung said happily.

"Right??" Jennie said happily at Taehyung, "its kinda like were on an exclusive club cos its only for Jisoo's friends."

Jennie said a bit boastful.

"Ughh.. Taehyung isnt even my friend" Jisoo groaned.. are these two trying to kill her??

"Hey! We're text buddies!!" Taehyung argued.

"Hold up.. I really need a break.. from the two of you.." Jisoo said at them, looking at Doyoung for help. Her social batteries are already spent.

"Please dont go, I'll behave." Taehyung said.

"No, you dont understand, Jisoo is an extremely shy person." Jennie said.

"Extremely is kind of too much to describe me.." Jisoo said.

"You got it right Jennie." Doyoung said proudly at Jennie.

"So its better that me and Doyoung go, so that you two can talk things properly." Jennie said brightly.

"Thats not even it!!!" Jisoo said.

"I got it." Taehyung said, "please go now."

Taehyung said at Jennie and Doyoung.

"Wow, how did that happen?" Doyoung said perplexed.

.
.
.

Jisoo sat quietly thinking of how to get out of this mess.

Jennie doesnt seem to be bothered and skips off somewhere with Doyoung. She looked at Taehyung who was just looking at her, she instantly diverted her eyes.

"S-so.." she said feeling more awkward being stared at.

"Ah.." Taehyung said, "so this happened.."

"Oh, you dont have to worry about the things we talked about." Jisoo said, "I wont tell anyone."

"Oh I really dont care.." Taehyung said, "about that.."

Thinking about the things they talked about. Taehyung got quiet for a while..  Jisoo's impression of him is..

Jisoo was thinking about their conversation where she called Taehyung a jerk.. and a playboy..

He gasped. Does she think he's a playboy jerk who was just picking girls to go on a date to show up for his ex?

"Wait.. I need to clear some things." Taehyung said.

"I also just wanted to say," Jisoo said, but stops as Taehyung said something.

"Please go ahead." Taehyung said.

"Um.. I just, so technically, I really have no say about your business." Jisoo started, "but since I received the texts, I would just like to say that.. I hope that when you ask Jennie out for a date, you are true to your feelings."

"No, you got it all wrong." Taehyung said.

"Look, its ok.. more or less I see what you mean earlier when she walked in and the people looking at her.. your ex will really get the message." Jisoo said, "but she's a very nice and sweet girl, and so I think, she deserves to be treated well."

"W-wait up.." Taehyung said a little nervous, "Jennie is really nice, but I dont see her as something more. We are friend, just friends. I dont feel anything more than that."

Jisoo's eyebrows twisted. "Then you really are using her to get back on your ex?"

Taehyung saw Jisoo's irritation, "no please listen.. this is something like you said, the flawed system.. acting a certain way because I am expected to.."

"We just know Jennie and as you said, she is nice, she's cool and plays along with us.. but that's just it.."

"To be honest I wasnt really looking for anyone after Sana.." Taehyung said, "Until I saw you that is."

Jisoo was surprised but still irritated. What is he talking about now??

"Really now?" She said suspiciously. "You're giving a very not to be trusted playboy vibe."

"At the library. I saw you at the library and I think youre the prettiest girl I ever saw." Taehyung arguing his case.

Making Jisoo's heart skip beats.

"You were reading and I was there. We saw each other. I know you saw me."

Jisoo remembered of course.

Prettiest girl??? This guy is just sweet talking.

He's so suspicious.

"And now that I know you are the one I was texting, the conversations finally made sense." Taehyung said. "Of all the stupid things Jimin did, I am very lucky that he took the wrong number to give me."

"I am really happy its you." Taehyung said.

Jisoo looked at him with a smile on his face. He sounded so sincere.

She could feel her face getting hot.

"Kim Jisoo, could we get a do over?" Taehyung said. "I really really want to get to know you more."

~END OF PART 1~