V, V, & V

The elevator doors unveiled the lobby, where Alastor was walking around humming. Husk was drinking with Angel, Sir Pentious, and Nifty, seemingly over getting caught over the 'incident'. Y/N proceeded forth, ready to solve this mystery or at least get one step closer from doing so. The corrupted demon walked through the lobby, heading for the front doors before the Radio Demon appeared in front of him.

"So, how was your trip out of the Pride Ring? I hear the other rings are quite...interesting, especially around this time of year," Alastor said, rubbing his thumb along his fingers.

"This time of year?" Y/N asked, unsure of what the deer demon was referring to. Suddenly, Charlie bursted from the stairwell, rushing to her husband.

"I forgot to tell you-it's extermination day tomorrow!" She said breathless, putting her hands on her legs, exhausted.

"Oh you gotta be kidding me!" Y/N said, putting his hands against his head. He wanted this info, but he didn't want to risk his life for it. To be fair, he could be hurt by corrupted weapons, but wasn't one hundred percent sure on just regular angelic ones. He then got an idea. "Where's Vaggie?" He asked.

"She was reinforcing the upper levels. She should be-," Charlie began, but was caught off by a large noise of something slamming onto the side of the wall. They turned to see Vaggie slamming a metal sheet to every window and hammering them in.

"What?" The bodyguard asked, looking back as the three stared at her.

"Wait, you knew about this?" Y/N asked, looking at the bartender and his customers.

"Why do you think we're drinking?" Angel asked in a smartass tone, before knocking back a shot.

"Yeah, we're tired of this shit," Husk said, gesturing to his hand which held his bottle outside, where within the next twenty fours would become a field day for Heaven's soldiers.

"You always drink!" Y/N said, pointing out the already established activity for the demons.

"He's not wrong," Sir Pentious said, before getting dagger glares from  Angel and Husk. He promptly shut up and tended to his drink.

"Whatever. It will be a quick in and out, and then I'll be back to help," Y/N said, reassuring his wife. They held hands, and Charlie sighed.

"Okay, but be careful. And don't try to do something stupid!" She said, as the safety of her husband was one of her top priorities.

"Alright, but yeah it was alright Alastor. Going to see Vox for info," the corrupted demon said, picking up where his conversation with the Radio Demon left off.

"Well good. And be weary of that digital nuisance. He may seem like an easy target, but he's somewhat crafty when it comes down to the nit and gritty matters. Just make sure you're one step ahead on your own path and not his, and you will hold all the cards by the end of it," Alastor said, twisting his staff in his hands. He knew about his rival for a good bit, and knew how he liked to play. Vox wasn't a dipshit, the people he worked with, maybe, but he himself was an overlord for a reason, to say the least. Of course, that doesn't mean he doesn't have easy to exploit weaknesses.

"Alright, thanks Al," Y/N said, looking up at the red deer demon.

"No problem. Out of the wayward souls I've come across here, you are the most interesting one," Alastor said, tapping Y/N's mark with the end of his staff and grinning a bit wider.

"No, I'm serious. Ever since you've been here, you've helped me. Now whether it was because you wanted to see me overcome my issues or just find pleasure and enjoyment for yourself, I don't know, but either way I still give you my thanks," the corrupted demon said, being honest with the overlord. A flicker of humanity appeared on Alastor's face. Was it compassion? Satisfaction? Or genuine empathy? Y/N didn't know, as after that split second, the Radio Demon returned to his normal demeanor.