Chapter 2: New goals in old life

"Whoo! Way to go, captain!"
"Nice shot, cap!"
"Good job, Ace."

The Spades crew were on a marine island, taking down marine bases together and creating havoc everywhere they went. It has been almost a week since every one of the Spades crew were recruited. Ace and Deuce have been talking about making plans. Ace said to wait for a while, and cause problem every now and then so they could be on the news everywhere. They need to make a big move to be seen in the Yonko crew's eyes. At the moment, Ace took down a marine base, burning it to ashes, and they were heading towards their ship, Piece of Spadile. Once they reached the ship, they sailed away from the island that was now left in fires and destruction.

"Okay, everyone! Time for training!" Ace shouted suddenly, standing right in the way. The crew looked at him stupidly.

"What do you mean, cap?" Grinning, Ace raised his fist above and yelled.

"From today on, I'm going to train every one of you to be stronger. A lot of strong opponents are waiting for us. For once, I, Fire Fist Ace want to surpass Yonko Whitebeard!" Ace declared, and his crew looked at him in awe. They then cheered for their captain, even though some thought it would be something reckless. After that, Ace told his crew to be ready after eating food so they could start practicing their skills. While the others went to snack on somethings, Deuce stayed back with Ace to talk about whatever Ace's plan was because it seemed as Ace was very serious on it right now.

"So, you got your plan?" Deuce asked casually, leaning against the railings. Ace looked up at the sky and sighed.

"It's a bit complicated in my head right now. I need everyone to be stronger. We're fighting against Blackbeard. He's strong. And he'll be much more stronger if he gets that devil fruit. I must somehow get rid of it before Thatch finds it. I don't know how.. Or I can just ask him to destroy it if he gets his hands on it." Deuce nodded. That sounded like a brief plan. It would work for now, but they needed furthermore planning.

"Why don't one of us or the Whitebeard commanders eat that fruit? Surely it would be more of a help than just destroying the fruit?" Deuce asked, and if not thought of it throughoutly, it sounded like it would be a wise act. But Ace shook his head.

"No, that's not gonna work. Blackbeard is willing to kill anyone for the fruit. But I do wonder what would happen if someone ate the fruit. But they should be protected... Ah- Deuce. Do you want a special logia devil fruit?" Ace suddenly asked, startling Deuce. He thought for a moment, before shrugging.

"Never thought about getting one. But why you ask?" Ace looked expectant. Maybe be wanted Deuce to eat the fruit? But what about Thatch and Blackbeard?

"I see. You could eat the fruit. It's.. a reckless move. But I'll make sure that you'll be okay and I believe in you. If we have the fruit's powers by our side, we'll be stronger. That fruit is literally the opposite of all fruits. It has an ability akin to seastone against devil fruit users. I couldn't use my flames when he touched me with his darkness." Ace explained his newly made plan. Deuce nodded. That sounded quite strong. It'd be a nice helping hand for them if they had the fruit. But one question was still on his mind...

"But how do we get the fruit? Didn't you say that Thatch got it first?" Deuce asked. Ace nodded. That was a problem. How to get the fruit earlier.. They simply couldn't. Because the fruit was in the sea, they couldn't go and search for it. So, finding the fruit earlier wasn't an option even if they tried. They couldn't go to the same spot and try to fish it, both because they needed to be in the exact route as Moby Dick, which was almost impossible, and also they'd have already met the Whitebeards if they tried going there. Sighing, Ace analized the possible outcomes of the changes in their plan, and nodded to himself as he settled on one.