Chapter 7: ..Thank you for loving me

All good things must come to an end, they said. While sad, it was true as well. Because this is what life is. It has an end. And for the end, nothing and no one matters.

It was of no difference for Ace too. That all good things must come to an end.. It is what happened. It all ended.

×××

"So this is the final, huh?"
"It's time we act up."

The captain of Whitebeard pirates- Edward Newgate and the commanders were having an important meeting at the moment on the ship's meeting room. All commanders (excluding the 2nd commander because of obvious reasons that the commander was long dead and the position was still open) were called in and those who were away in a mission joined talking via den den mushis. Atmos, Namur and Jiru were away, so they joined in, listening and talking with the help of den den mushis. In addition to commanders, they had to add Ace in too. He sat in the place of 2nd division commander, since that spot had always been unoccupied for years.

"I believe everything is clear by now, my sons. It's important we believe in Ace. Ace, thank you for telling us everything." Whitebeard said, tone firm but his eyes held sadness. It was obvious that they would be sad; someone from their crew- their family had long before betrayed them. Marshall D Teach was a bastard who has always been rotten from the very start. It didn't matter for how long they had had Teach by their sides, the man was rotten enough to cause the death of their two brothers and father. No one would ever forgive Teach for that. Not for even thinking about doing it.

The plan was basic and simple. They knew, or well, Ace and his former crew knew what the fruit looked like. They even had Deuce, who ate the fruit and knows how to use it. He still hasn't mastered the powers of it but was obviously getting better. But for safety reasons Ace resisted that they don't reveal Deuce's powers yet. So they decided to make a fake replica of the yami-yami fruit. With the replica, they will trap Teach into believing that someone -they will decide who- found the fruit and would see what to do with it. With that, Teach will fall into their trap and hopefully believe the fruit is real. And with how Teach is, some are confident that he will believe rather easily. Especially Ace is very confident about that.

"Oyaji, I want to volunteer in finding the fruit. I can tell him that I'll either sell it or give it to someone that might want it. And.. I want revenge. With my own hands." Ace said, raising his hand and staring into the very soul of their old man. Whitebeard stared for a while before nodding. He then eyed the crowd of commanders.

"I have no problem with that. Anyone that opposes?" He asked, and when no one said a thing he declared that the fruit would be 'found' by Ace. Everyone agreed. He then looked over to the sixteenth division commander Izou, who would be the best person for designing things.

"Izou, son, could you prepare the fruit replica with Ace's help?" The geisha nodded along and smiled to Ace who had turned to look at him.

"Of course I'll, dear father. It's time to show my magic again~" He said in a musical tone. Some at the table chuckled and they continued on with preparing everything. By what Namur said after they explained their current location and weather, they will be on land in less than a week. Which was enough time for them to get everything ready- starting with the replica.

After their meeting ended, Izou dragged Ace to the sixteenth division's specially parted rooms to get started with the fruit. The rooms were partly soundproofed so that they could work in somewhat silence. With a ship this big and full of hundreds of people, it could get really loud sometimes. And having Thatch and Haruta (and now with Ace) messing with the whole crew and pranking them... it could really be loud. And the sixteenth division prepares all the clothing and interior designs of their all ships.. so they need a calm place to work inside. For that, one of their smaller ships waa full of people from sixteenth division and some from first division for extra protection and all.