Chapter 1 - Maddie gets sick

Madeline was sitting in Math class, when she has this sudden urge to throw up. She raises her hand, "yes Maddie," "Miss Sally may I please go to the bathroom, then the office, I feel sick." "Yes you may Maddie," Maddie ran to the bathroom, she got there right on time. She threw up, luckily her hair was in a ponytail, when she stopped throwing up, she cleaned up, and went to the office, "MR. Sanders may I please call my dad, I got sick in the bathroom?" MR. Sanders looked at her, "Oh Maddie yes you may call him, then would you like to lay down while your waiting for him?" Maddie nodded, as she felt like she was going to throw up again. MR. Sanders noticed, and sent her to the bathroom, and while she was in there, he called Steve. When Maddie returned, MR. Sanders took her to the nurses office, and told the nurse what was going on. The nurse, MRS. Smith, was super helpful to Maddie. She gave Maddie, a bucket, and laid her in the bed, Maddie ended up falling asleep, and when she woke up, Steve was there. When he saw her, "hey baby are you not feeling well," Maddie shook her head, and mumbled, "I got sick 2 times." Steve carried her to the car, and drove home, when they reached home, Maddie ran inside to the bathroom, where she threw up again. Steve was worried, and made a doctors appointment for Maddie. When Maddie was well enough, Steve loaded her into the car, with a bucket for her incase she got sick, and drove to the compound. Once there he carried her inside, and straight to the lab, where Bruce was waiting. Bruce looked her over, and she had a severe stomach bug. He told Steve she'd have to stay in the lab for a while, he said okay, and decided to go home, and get some stuff to stay at the compound. While he was away, he'd told Nat, and Bucky what was going on. While he was away, Nat came to the lab, where she was shocked to see how pale Maddie was. Maddie was asleep when she entered, but woke up before she left, "hey auntie Nat," she mumbled. Nat went over, "hey sweetie, daddy went home real quickly." Right then Steve returned, and went straight to the lab, where he saw Maddie awake. "Hey pumpkin, how are you feeling," "like a trainwreck," Maddie laughed, Steve smiled. Then Bucky came down, "how's my little niece doing," Maddie smiled, "hey uncle Bucky, I'm not feeling as good." "Daddy," Steve looked at her, 'yes honey," "some kids are being mean to me at school, and the teachers know but do nothing." Steve pulls her out, the principle, MR. Sanders, is understanding, and he gathers her stuff, then Bucky leaves to pick it up for them. When he returns, Maddie is asleep again, and Steve, and Nat, are in the living area. A few days later, and Maddie is doing alot better, Bruce does more testing, and finds out she had eaten something she was allergic to, coconut. Steve wasn't happy, "Madeline Grace, you know you're allergic to coconut," Maddie looked at him, "dad I promise I didn't pack anything with Coconut.' Then her face went stiff, "It was probably Issac," she said. Steve knew who that was, "how long has it beed happening?" Maddie answers, "Since the start of school, Issac is new," Steve tells Bruce he thinks Maddie is well enough to leave the lab, and Bruce agrees. They leave the lab, and Maddie goes up to Steve's room to get cleaned up.