Chapter Four

(A/N: I hope you'll enjoy this chapter! Without further ado... Let's go!)

~~THE NEXT MORNING~~

Y/N slowly opened her eyes, expecting the usual flare of sunlight to momentarily blind her as it did most mornings. Looking toward the window, she saw a dark and gray sky.

'That means it could be any time of day...' she thought, then she quickly glanced at the clock.

Seeing it was much later than the time she usually awakened, she proceeded to hop out of bed to get ready for the day.

'The guys are probably starving, waiting on me to prepare breakfast...' she thought as she entered the bathroom to take her morning shower.

She made sure to wash up quickly while she decided on what she would cook.

'I'd better make something good to make it up to them.' she thought as she turned off the shower.

After getting dressed, Y/N rushed down the stairs and into the living room. Everyone else was already hanging out in there until Y/N woke up. As she entered the room, all the boys looked up and toward her direction.

"Morning, Y/N!" Gon said cheerily.

"Good morning, guys." Y/N said as she nervously rubbed the back of her neck, "Sorry about that, I accidentally slept in a bit..."

"That's okay! We didn't want to bother you so we decided to watch TV in here until you got up." Gon said reassuringly with a smile.

Y/N returned the smile, then remembered that none of them have eaten yet.

"Oh! I'll go get started on breakfast now!" she said before heading toward the kitchen.

Killua got up from his seat to follow Y/N to the kitchen so he could help with the meal, causing Kurapika to send a warning glare his way.

'After what happened last night, I don't trust him to be alone with Y/N again.' Kurapika thought, feeling protective.

Killua returned the glare with a confused expression, then proceeded to follow after Y/N.
Y/N turned around to see that Killua had also come to the kitchen.

"I'm here if... You know... You need any help with anything." Killua stated sheepishly.

"Oh, that's okay! Relax with the guys, I want to make it up to you all on my own for leaving you hungry for so long." she replied with a guilty expression.

Killua gave her a sad smile.

"Alright, but I'll be right in the living room if you decide you do need anything." He stated.

"Thanks, Killua." she said with a grateful smile.

Killua made his way toward the kitchen doorway. He stopped to look back at Y/N briefly.

"Anytime." He said to her with a small smile, then made his exit back to the living room.

Kurapika was relieved to see Killua return so soon. Killua casually sat in his seat, leaned back, and turned his attention to the TV. He wasn't really paying attention to the program, instead thinking up a plan to get himself closer to Y/N since feeling a bit defeated by her declining his help in the kitchen. After a while of him being deep in thought, a weather report interruption came up on the screen.

"We will be experiencing heavy rain throughout the morning and afternoon. Severe thunderstorm warning around 2 P.M..." said the local meteorologist.