The First Visitor

As soon as April got back to her hospital room she just quickly got back into her bed and immediately crashed from exhaustion. Today had been a very long and difficult day for her and not only was she exhausted but her body was as well.

April didn't get to sleep for too long though as her phone started ringing making her groan as she just turned her phone off and went back to sleep. April continued to sleep for a while before she was woken up yet again this time by someone entering the room.

"Okay, why were you not answering the phone? I called you like 100 times," Deco told April who just slowly sat up as she tried to process her surroundings again. "I fell asleep and I turned my phone off. Is everything okay?" April asked Deco who just nodded.

"It is now," Deco told April who just smiled a little bit as she looked at him. " Aw, that's so sweet. You were worried again," April playfully told Deco who just scoffed a little bit as he didn't want to admit it.

"What no? I wasn't worried again. I just don't like being ignored," Deco told April who just laughed a little bit. "Okay now I know you were worried! You can admit that you know," April told Deco as she found it sweet.

"Okay fine I might have been a little bit worried again when you didn't answer. Happy?" Deco told April who just smiled. "I knew you cared about me," April playfully told him. "Maybe a little bit. Anyway, how are the babies doing?" Deco told April as he wanted to change the subject and he was curious about how things were going so far.

April sighed as she looked at her friend. "Oh um they're doing fine, but they're just so tiny and sick and I don't know I just feel kinda helpless right now. I want to help them, but I just don't know what to do right now to help," April told Deco as she started to cry a little bit.

Deco just slowly nodded as he sat close to her and started to wipe her tears. "I know this is hard but they came from you and you're a very strong willed person. They're gonna be the same way trust me," Deco told April who just smiled a little bit as she slowly nodded.

"Well that is kinda true," April told Deco who just laughed as he nodded. "And what about you?" Deco asked April who just looked at him confused. "What about me?" April asked her friend who just looked at her. "I mean how are you doing?" Deco asked April who just looked down.

"Oh me? I'm um I'm doing fine I guess. Everything still hurts and I still feel kinda helpless that I can't help my own children right now, but other than that I guess I'm doing fine," April told Deco as she couldn't help herself. April was still exhausted and just wanted to try and get some more rest, but she knew that she couldn't just kick her friend out.

Deco just nodded as he looked at April. "So I'm guessing only immediate family can see the babies right now?" Deco asked April who just laughed a little bit and nodded. "Yeah but don't worry you can see them soon hopefully. I didn't know you were such a baby fan," April playfully told Deco who just rolled his eyes a little bit.

"I'm not but if I'm going to be helping out I think I should meet them first," Deco told April who just smiled a little bit as she nodded. "And you will but right now they still need more help and for germs to be as limited as possible," the young girl told Deco who just looked at her.

"Are you saying I have a lot of germs?" Deco asked April, slightly offended by her comment. April just sighed as she looked over. "No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that right now they're really vulnerable and sick and it's best if they have as few visitors as possible," April told Deco who just slowly nodded.

"Okay well now that you mention it, that does make sense. So have you finally named your own children now?" Deco asked April who just smiled as she looked at him. "Actually, as a matter of fact I have," the young mom told her friend as she smiled again thinking about the names that she had just picked out.

"Wait, you did?" Deco asked his younger friend in shock as he didn't expect April to have come up with all three names already. "Yes I did and why do you sound so shocked. Their names are Maddison, Olivia, and Mallory. They prefer Maddie, Liv, and Mal though so I think I'll go by those names also," April told Deco who smiled a little bit.

"Okay I have to admit I like the names," Deco told April who just slowly nodded and yawned as she started to get tired again. Deco, noticing this, stood up as he started to get ready to leave. "Well it's getting pretty late and I should probably let you get some rest now. Keep me updated and you better answer your phone or I'll have to come back," Deco told April somewhat jokingly.

April just slowly nodded again as she hugged her friend. "Yeah of course and thanks for visiting it did feel nice to have someone here for once. Speaking of, I should probably call my dad but I think I'll do that in the morning," April gold Deco who smiled a little bit as he hugged back. "You're welcome baby girl and good luck with that. I'll see you soon," Deco told his friend as he let go of the hug and left.

"Finally now I can sleep again. I'm so exhausted," April whispered to herself as she

sighed in relief and just laid back again quickly falling right back to sleep. Her sleep didn't last long again however as just like last time the door opened up waking her from her slumber for the second time that night.

April just groaned to herself as she sat up again and looked over to see who had come in to interrupt her sleep for the second time in a row. "Um I'm sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but someone in the NICU was asking for you to come in," the nurse told April who just froze as she tried to process the words.

"Wait, is everything okay?" April quickly asked as she just shook off her exhaustion and quickly made her way over to the NICU.