Sayonee| Chapter 4

Chapter 4 | The Encounter
Word Count: 1300
12/02/2023

Kabhi kabhi mann karta hai har chapter cliffhanger pe chhod du

Kabhi kabhi mann karta hai har chapter cliffhanger pe chhod du.. kya response aate hai unn chapters pe! *Dramatic sigh*

~•~

The environment turned gravely silent as the pair mirrored each other's expressions naturally. They had never in their lives expected meeting each other like this. In the midst of a jungle, far away from their place of seperation.

"Ruhani."

"Ved."

Both of them whispered softly. Tears laced in their eyes as they kept gazing at each other.

Blinking a few times, Ruhani came out of her haze. Fiddling softly with her fingers, she looked at Ved from the corner of her eyes. He couldn't seem to get his eyes off her.

"I-" Ruhani tried speaking. She had no idea what to say. Fuck! What could she even ask the man she had been insanely in love with, especially when he's a villian in her family's story and had been away for four fucking years?

"I l-lost my track in the forest. Can you guide me to the nearest area with Cab or bus or anything?" She asked not meeting his eyes even once. Getting no response, Ruhani slightly raised her eye lids to get a better look at the former. Ved still stood there frozen, having no idea about what to say and what to do. Should he apologize first? Or ask her how she got lost in a god damn jungle that's about hundreds of kilometres away from Palacial Estates? Should he ask her about her well being or treat her as a guest? Fuck! He had no idea about his further actions.

"Hello?" Ruhani waved her hands in front of Ved's eyes, doing the honours of breaking his trance. "Huh?" Ved asked as soon as he realised he had been asked something.

"I asked if you could guide me to any transportation services here." She repeated herself. Ved nodded in reply.

"I d-don't have my bike now. You'll have to accompany me up until my parking area, that is if you're comfortable, and I'll drop you at the bus stop. It's quite far to walk on foot." He said. Ruhani nodded in reply. Shrugging off his jacket, he handed it over to Ruhani making her raise her eyebrows. She would have definitely swooned over hid actions had it not been the month of May.

"Y-your t-shirt is torn, near your shoulder. This town is really backward and orthodox, they might judge you even at your slightest mistakes." He clarified. Looking at her shoulder, she really did find a cut through her t-shirt descending down to her skin near her blade.

"Must be from the branches." She mumbled. Hesitantly, she took the jacket from his hands and draped it around herself. Guiding her through the town, Ruhani's eyes trailed towards the ground. People were looking at her in s wierd way. The unfamiliar female trailing behind the lawyer was another topic of gossips for them.

Who was she? How are they related? Is she her sister? People wondered out loud making Ruhani uncomfortable.

Walking into the small parking shade near his house, he pulled out his keys kept underneath the rug. Turning around, he took his time to gape at the young lady. She had changed a lot since the last time he had seen her. She noe had a nose piercing and her hair were longer than before. She was covered in mud and dust from her day long expedition as her clothes were torn at several places.

"For how long have you been in the forest?" He softly asked. He expected her to be uncomfortable and raging at his presence. Probably, he expected her to not consider his help even if he was the last person on this earth. Cause he knew, he deserved it for breaking her heart and her family's trust.

"Since 6 in the morning." She replied. Opposite to Ved's expectations, she was serene in his presence. As wrong and toxic it sounds, he was the only person she felt at ease with. Not even her family could provide her with the feelings of serenity and the unique zeal she found in Ved's presence. She knew it was wrong to expect anything from Ved. Not only because of his past actions but also because he would never consider as an option for his romantic interests. The fact that she was his nemesis's sister and a decade younger than him, would probably out weigh any positive factors.

"Do you want to take a bath? I live just across the street. I'll cook something to eat and then we can get you to the bus stop." He suggested.

"I-I don't have any clothes with me." She hesitated. "I'll ask my neighbour for something that you could wear." He suggested. Sighing heavily, she nodded.

The air around them was awkward but not tensed or negative. This definitely amused Ved. For him, she was still acting like the young 21 year old student he met at his university, all shy and awkward around her crush, as if afraid she might do something embarrassing. She, however, seems to possess no bitter feelings towards him.

Unlocking the door of his small two story house, he let Ruhani in. The house wasn't extravagantly decorated with furnitures or art pieces, she was accustomed to see in hotels and palaces. It was rather a two bedroom flat with just a couch, a well stocked kitchen, a coolant cum fridge in the hall and a small temple consisting of Devi Durga's Idol.

Guiding her towards the guest room, Ved asked her to make herself comfortable as he proceeded to fetch some clothes from Pankaj's house. He also directed her towards the fridge that contained water bottles and protein bars, in case she was extra hungry. As soon as she heard the main door shut, she helped herself with a water bottle and a protein bar.

Ved, on the other hand, asked Pankaj to come at the front porch. He asked Pankaj to lend him his sister's clothes as he had a relative over his house who had lost her luggage in the chaos of the bus. Ofcourse, it was a cooked up story. Pankaj nodded and got a simple patiala suit along with a new pair of unused under garments his sister had fussed before giving. Even after Pankaj's constant protests, Ved handed him over two five hundred rupees notes, in case he couldn't be able to return the clothes.

Walking back to his house, he handed over the clothes to Ruhani who was patiently sitting on the couch without making the entire house dirty. He also fetched a clean towel and asked her to clean up.

Walking towards his kitchen, he settled for Paneer Bhurji and Fulkas. It had been his go to food everytime the circumstances demanded him to cook the meal within a few minutes' span.

Ruhani took her time to get rid of all the mud and dirt that had once accumulated on hef skin. Dressing up in the white patiala suit with white pants and coloured dupatta, she walked out of the room to find Ved cooking for them with all his concentration.
~•~•~

I might as well complete this story in the upcoming week.

For all the boards attempt-ies, Best Of Luck Guys! Don't forget to reduce your screen timings and concentrate on revisions, that is if you have already completed your syllabus. Have faith in yourself, be healthy both physically as well as mentally and Don't forget- a single sheet of paper will not decide your future. You'll get yourself something or the other.

Keep smiling!

Bas ho gaya mera. Vote and comment karke jaana.